Connecticut Sun Future | The Boneyard

Connecticut Sun Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about The CT Sun possibly folding or moving?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Can't see when I live in Ellington and have the CT Sun in my eyes.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about The CT Sun possibly folding or moving?

The Sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be Sun.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They could do like the Hartford Whalers and move on down to NC. :rolleyes:

Charlotte is booming..... has a top of the line arena in the midst of hotels, restaurants, condos/apartments, nightlife.... the players can walk or take the light-rail home to their apartments/condos........it makes sense to me..... as long as they leave the GM back in Connecticut :oops:

#CharlotteStingPart2

200px-Charlotte_Sting_1997-2003.png

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

Charlotte is booming..... has a top of the line arena in the midst of hotels, restaurants, condos/apartments, nightlife.... the players can walk or take the light-rail home to their apartments/condos...it makes sense to me..... as long as they leave the GM back in Connecticut :oops:

#CharlotteStingPart2

Wouldn't they first have to decide who can use what bathrooms?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Charlotte is booming..... has a top of the line arena in the midst of hotels, restaurants, condos/apartments, nightlife.... the players can walk or take the light-rail home to their apartments/condos...it makes sense to me..... as long as they leave the GM back in Connecticut :oops:

#CharlotteStingPart2

Triaddukefan, I'll give you a nod. When you talk about the Sun leaving Connecticut, you're not going to get too many (if any) likes from Sun fans, or folks in Connecticut. No one likes the thought of one of their teams moving to another sate. I'm sure most Whaler fans are still bitter that the franchise moved to what they thought were greener pastures.

Revenue (or the lack thereof) is usually the reason franchises move to what they perceive as "greener pastures". This was the reason the Tulsa Shock moved to Dallas Texas this season. A larger fan base, more potential revenue, more exposure. The pursuit of a new stadium (arena) or a dwindling fan base (revenue) is usually the impetus behind a team moving to another city. I'm 2884 miles away in California. I don't have a horse in this race.

From the outside looking in, I think your idea at least has some merit for all the reasons you mentioned, and then some. I especially agree with your posture in reference to their "GM". The Sun can do much better, and the fans deserve better, hopefully in Uncasville, if not...........back up the moving tricks. Charlotte, here we come. :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS