OT: - Connecticut Open leaving New Haven after 21-year run | The Boneyard

OT: Connecticut Open leaving New Haven after 21-year run

Reaction Score
In my opinion, this is a big part of why recruiting is getting harder and harder for the Huskies. Unfortunately, the state of Connecticut just isn't all that any more, and the trend line continues. :(

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They should have followed the Whalers, The Connecticut Open ATP event, and the Bridgeport Bluefish and move down south here to NC. :cool:

Reaction Score
Ha, I was smart enough to leave three years ago.

Reaction Score
Trashing Connecticut right now isn’t appealing to fans still here. Why don’t you find another team to root for or follow another board. So much nastiness in this world now.

Reaction Score
Trashing Connecticut right now isn’t appealing to fans still here. Why don’t you find another team to root for or follow another board. So much nastiness in this world now.
Agree. These are generally the same people that complain about having trouble getting the games on TV. You know who doesn't have trouble getting all the games on TV? People that live in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Only attended the tournament 1 (or, possibly) time(s). A fun day in the sun.
Only other trip to the Tennis Center was for a Bonnie Raitt Concert. It was a great (albeit weather concerning) venue.
I was never clear how the center was built and who paid for it. Given the pathetic under-utilization of the property - my guess is I (the poor tax payer) is STILL paying for it.
Not so very different from the poor utilization of the New Haven Coliseum.
Maybe we could build on commuter lot on the tennis property and run a high-speed rail line to greater New Haven. Now, if we can only get some suckers to float the bonds....

Reaction Score
Who the hell would want to live in the Confederacy?
I live in Florida and love it, especially the lack of income tax, which CT was once known for, and the Confederacy has not existed for many years. You should read the newspaper ever once in awhile.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida and love it, especially the lack of income tax, which CT was once known for, and the Confederacy has not existed for many years. You should read the newspaper ever once in awhile.
Agree. I was born and raised in central Connecticut and raised my family there. Now I live between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. There is a lot I miss about home like autumn and the colorful foliage, hiking in the hills, attending all the UConn games, also most of my family still lives there. I have traded it for a 3 min walk to the beach, no state income taxes and an endless summer. I considered doing the "snowbird" thing, but the cons just outweighed the pros. I couldn't take another CT winter . . . especially the one you're enduring now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom