Connecticut High School Preseason Poll | The Boneyard

Connecticut High School Preseason Poll

Reaction Score
Hand is #1, St Joe's moves up to Class L because they kill the M & S class schools every year. Let's hope Edsall and company can recruit some of these stars.

Edsall is recruiting at least a couple of these kids that I know of.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess Southington doesn’t suck anymore. That was a confusing stance.

Reaction Score
I guess Southington doesn’t suck anymore. That was a confusing stance.
Southington has been good since Drury has been there. Talk about a good father/son coaching duo. Never got as much play as the Marinelli's did but they're up there as one of the best in CT football history.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hand is going to be a beast and should repeat again as state champs.

Reaction Score
Hand is #1, St Joe's moves up to Class L because they kill the M & S class schools every year. Let's hope Edsall and company can recruit some of these stars.

Edsall is recruiting at least a couple of these kids that I know of.
Actually one the players on the top 25 list has already committed to UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Southington has been good since Drury has been there. Talk about a good father/son coaching duo. Never got as much play as the Marinelli's did but they're up there as one of the best in CT football history.

they have been good since jude kelly got there.

rob was telling me they stuck in another thread because they werent in the top ten for 2 years.

Reaction Score
they have been good since jude kelly got there.

rob was telling me they stuck in another thread because they werent in the top ten for 2 years.
They did have a minor bump in the road, didn't make the Gametime-Register final top ten poll for the season past two years, 2017 and 2018. Doesn't mean that they were not a good team, they still dominated the CCC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was a time when NBHS was seldom not in the conversation as a top HS program. I remember listening to games from the Orange Bowl in Miami on the radio. I also remember freezing my butt of at Willow Brook stadium as a kid and NBHS student for the annual Thanksgiving game. That pretty much says I am a dinosaur.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Berlin is the most well known for stealing kids from New Britain. They actually got caught and their coach got fired

Ah okay. I had an old teacher who was a big New Britain football guy and IIRC his brother was a Southington assistant. He’d always claim that NBHS sucked bc his brother was stealing kids lol

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Berlin is the most well known for stealing kids from New Britain. They actually got caught and their coach got fired

Can you blame the players who went to Berlin from New Britain? I can't as the schools are night and day when it comes to test scores and overall education.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Can you blame the players who went to Berlin from New Britain? I can't as the schools are night and day when it comes to test scores and overall education.
I'll never blame a kid or their family for getting them to go somewhere to help improve their life situation.

with that being said, what he did was pretty scummy. he was recruiting them and then moving their families into low-income housing that he owned, and then got checks from the state for doing so. At least that's how I remember it.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Danbury could be a sleeper team to watch. Have a couple of D1 guys, including a BC commit. However, they play a tough schedule in the FCIAC but when they play Greenwich this weekend that will say a lot

Reaction Score
I'll never blame a kid or their family for getting them to go somewhere to help improve their life situation.

with that being said, what he did was pretty scummy. he was recruiting them and then moving their families into low-income housing that he owned, and then got checks from the state for doing so. At least that's how I remember it.
Edsall is recruiting the kid from Wilton, Gulbin. I was hoping he would go after the kid from Danbury, but BC saw him first.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
Edsall is recruiting the kid from Wilton, Gulbin. I was hoping he would go after the kid from Danbury, but BC saw him first.
Danbury coach is not an edsall fan FWIW.

Reaction Score

I'm really high on Danbury. I think they have a chance to be good the next several years.

Reaction Score
I'm really high on Danbury. I think they have a chance to be good the next several years.
It's about time, enrollment wise it's been the largest school in the state or one of the largest for years. Certainly the largest in the FCIAC.
BTW, what's up with Nick Henderson?

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
Yeah there’s a lot of potential. The new coach is doing a great job. The challenge is that Danbury doesn’t really have a football culture. It’s more of basketball school and obviously really good at track and wrestling. I was talking to the track coach today and says Alana Smith, daughter of Lee Smith, is already good enough to run track in the SEC and she’s only a sophomore.

Reaction Score
Yeah there’s a lot of potential. The new coach is doing a great job. The challenge is that Danbury doesn’t really have a football culture. It’s more of basketball school and obviously really good at track and wrestling. I was talking to the track coach today and says Alana Smith, daughter of Lee Smith, is already good enough to run track in the SEC and she’s only a sophomore.
They had a really big football culture back in the day. If they can make football back into the "cool" thing and get more kids into the program, they could be a perennial favorite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom