Connecticut continues its search for improved QB play | The Boneyard

Connecticut continues its search for improved QB play

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No surprises, but better than I would have expected for a USA Today blurb.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This is Paul Myerberg from Pre-Snap Read who took a job with USA Today. I liked his more in-depth stuff from when he was independent but can't blame him for moving to a steady paycheck.

Reaction Score
I say start Cochran this season. It'll be great for the future of the program and just imagine if Cochran became Johnny Manziel 2.0 as a rs freshman the sec will be knocking on our door before you know it lol

Reaction Score
I say start Cochran this season. It'll be great for the future of the program and just imagine if Cochran became Johnny Manziel 2.0 as a rs freshman the sec will be knocking on our door before you know it lol

Cochran is not a runner like Manziel. The hope is he blows up to become Pennington 2.0, that would put us well on our way to becoming Boise East.

Reaction Score
whoa wait a second i dont know if youve seen his highlights but he can scramble for sure yea its against high schoolers but he still got speed take a look

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

According to the Paul Doyle article posted yesterday, he's not exactly lighting up spring practice. I tend to think that Cochran 2013 = Whitmer 2012. UConn, and Coach Pasqualoni in particular, cannot afford a repeat of that situation.

Reaction Score

If I hear the word "prototype" one more time I'm going to heave. That said, at this position having some size makes a real difference. Just look at the picture on the top of the piece, Whit looks really small for a 6'1" guy. He's looking through redwoods for a target. That causes both blocks and bad decisions. Add in poor blocking and it's a real disadvantage we saw manifest last year (on top of the poor GDL strategy). That's why I love the 3 guys we have coming in, no offense to Casey who has a little more size and hopefully will get his chance for all the right reasons.

Reaction Score
#CaseyCochrantotheSEC

Reaction Score
ahah if only coach p had listened and started casey at the start of the season maybe he would still have a job

Wouldn't have mattered, with PP it was an offense that was as old as he was - Lyle McCombs up the middle, LM run right, LM run left. He didn't coach passing except as a 3rd and long desperation measure. Not sure that Cochran would have been doing what he is doing now under PP. Love that TJ had the vision to abandon the out of date RE /PP and turned this kid loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom