OT: Congratulations to Newtown | The Boneyard

OT: Congratulations to Newtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
They just won LL on a walk off TD to beat Darien 13-7.

Football aside, December 14th needed a little happiness injected into it in that community.

Storybook stuff. There are some great videos on Twitter that I watched on Gametime CT. Not sure how to post though.

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing, DJ2.

But, Hollywood can wait. I'd love to see if Newtown can win again in a few more years when SH kids are on the team.

Great story today, regardless.
Wouldn't there be kids on the team from Sandy Hook who were there that day? Sandy Hook K-4th grade, 7 years ago today.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wouldn't there be kids on the team from Sandy Hook who were there that day? Sandy Hook K-4th grade, 7 years ago today.

Those beautiful kids were all 6-7 yo and their friends who may now play football are still only 13-14 yo.

Reaction Score
Older kids that were in the school that day are in high school, the first graders are currently in eighth. But one who was lost that day has a brother who’s a junior linebacker for the team. Being from town this has given me goosebumps all day.

Reaction Score

Stories on every sports and major news outlet. Told my wife yesterday that it would be nice if ESPN picked the story up but glad it has gone beyond just the sports outlets.

Reaction Score
I’m mixed about this
On one hand it’s a good human interest story
On the other the back story shouldn’t take away from the joy of the kids who won a championship.

Reaction Score
I’m mixed about this
On one hand it’s a good human interest story
On the other the back story shouldn’t take away from the joy of the kids who won a championship.
It doesn’t take away from it at all. Newtown’s starting LB’s younger brother was killed that day. Those kids and that community have rallied around this team (as well as all other NHS athletic programs) as a distraction from the heartbreak they’ll be coping with for the rest of their lives. If anything, this has brought the community closer together and this team will be remembered forever. For a community that’s endured so much heartbreak off the field, as well as on, this was divine intervention.

Reaction Score
This pic was taken at the end of the surreal Newtown/Darien game. The image in the bright sky could not be accounted for.
79AD9E98-0E7E-42F6-A6E1-F73949637658.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul