Congratulations to Kevin Ollie and thank you to all of our players for a fantastic season | The Boneyard

Congratulations to Kevin Ollie and thank you to all of our players for a fantastic season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had all the adversity in the world. We lost two guys to the NBA--we lost another NBA player in AO who wouldve been a smash hit here this year Roscoe--I mean this team wouldve been a top 1-5 team looking back with all of the extra fire power. As a fractured unit this team was STILL a top 15-20 team and played hard--MUCH harder than last year and cared gave great effort and was in every single game---only had a couple of bad halves all year!!! Battled back numerous times won some big games. My goal for the season was 20 wins. We have lost just too much additional core to cry about an end of year losing streak and heck I hope we beat Providence but if we dont--I can accept it was very very successful anyway. Ollie had them play tough D played to care---I can barely think of anything he did wrong--truly an A+ start. We have had the tough circumstance with the big east no playoffs--and we just played hard and well --represented well. And on top of that he dealt with his contract. To the players--you guys are the cahones--you played frikin hard---I appreciate and respect how you you represented the school. If I can add my .02 in as a 44 year old man--not in any selfish way---all of you should come back unless an NBA team GUARANTEES you a first round pick. Its not worth it--this team will be in the spotlight next year--it will be a preseason top 7-8 team and a championship contender. If everyone improves I think by next year we will have 2 first round pick players in Napier and Daniels. If Boatright works hard on his dribble a/his shot gains some muscle---I think in 2 years he will have a shot--maybe even next year. So make good decisions--do what is right for yourself first--but please remember that getting a 4 year degree--improving your game and possibly winning a championship would be an incredible achievement keep you in the spotlight. If anyone decides to go--I will be cheering you on no matter what like I do all Huskies.. Thanks!!!!

Reaction Score
Preseason I did not think they would have a 500 record. Now 19 winds and a guarenteed nine league wins with what they have is a testament to the heart the remaining players have. Lets get healthy for next year when we should be deeper.

Reaction Score
We had all the adversity in the world. We lost two guys to the NBA--we lost another NBA player in AO who wouldve been a smash hit here this year Roscoe--I mean this team wouldve been a top 1-5 team looking back with all of the extra fire power. As a fractured unit this team was STILL a top 15-20 team and played hard--MUCH harder than last year and cared gave great effort and was in every single game---only had a couple of bad halves all year!!! Battled back numerous times won some big games. My goal for the season was 20 wins. We have lost just too much additional core to cry about an end of year losing streak and heck I hope we beat Providence but if we dont--I can accept it was very very successful anyway. Ollie had them play tough D played to care---I can barely think of anything he did wrong--truly an A+ start. We have had the tough circumstance with the big east no playoffs--and we just played hard and well --represented well. And on top of that he dealt with his contract. To the players--you guys are the cahones--you played frikin hard---I appreciate and respect how you you represented the school. If I can add my .02 in as a 44 year old man--not in any selfish way---all of you should come back unless an NBA team GUARANTEES you a first round pick. Its not worth it--this team will be in the spotlight next year--it will be a preseason top 7-8 team and a championship contender. If everyone improves I think by next year we will have 2 first round pick players in Napier and Daniels. If Boatright works hard on his dribble a/his shot gains some muscle---I think in 2 years he will have a shot--maybe even next year. So make good decisions--do what is right for yourself first--but please remember that getting a 4 year degree--improving your game and possibly winning a championship would be an incredible achievement keep you in the spotlight. If anyone decides to go--I will be cheering you on no matter what like I do all Huskies.. Thanks!!!!

How much would you put on Oriakhi being on an NBA roster come game one of next season? Hell, he's not even going to get drafted, let alone make a roster. AO was not and will never be an NBA player.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
How much would you put on Oriakhi being on an NBA roster come game one of next season? Hell, he's not even going to get drafted, let alone make a roster. AO was not and will never be an NBA player.

Ill take that bet--lets say give $ to the Jim calhoun center? 150 for him being drafted and an additional 200 for him making a roster--deal?

Reaction Score
I am proud of these players and really enjoyed this year 100% more then I thought I would. Most teams that had a HOF coach leave and their entire front court transfer would have had a Depaul type season this year.

If you look at top programs like Uk and Indi it took them several years to get back on track making a similar transition. While I am not predicting a F4 season next year like some of the people on the board I would be very happy with 20 wins and a trip to the NCAA. We would be yards (ha) ahead of similar programs that faced what we are facing over the next couple years.

Good job boys. WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ill take that bet--lets say give $ to the Jim calhoun center? 150 for him being drafted and an additional 200 for him making a roster--deal?

We have an offer; do we have an acceptance?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a free country, but this Barney & Friends OP couldn't wait until Sunday? That was a nasty turd last night. Timing is everything.

Reaction Score
It's a free country, but this Barney & Friends OP couldn't wait until Sunday? That was a nasty turd last night. Timing is everything.

I could not agree more.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I reserve words like 'fantastic' for national title seasons. This team definitely exceeded my pre-season expectations but has really stumbled down the stretch, played down to its competition, and wasn't able to pull off many close games against good teams in crunch time. I would call this a good season but losing the last game to Providence will leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure. Anyone else feel like this season has flown by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom