Congratulations Houston | The Boneyard

Congratulations Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No way (IMO) that Texas will want them in the conference after they beat FSU. On the Bowl telecast, they showed a graphic near the end of the game and talked about how far Texas had fallen compared to in-state competition. According to the graphic, Texas had the lowest rated recruiting class. The announcers referenced the "changing landscape" in Texas.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No way (IMO) that Texas will want them in the conference after they beat FSU. On the Bowl telecast, they showed a graphic near the end of the game and talked about how far Texas had fallen compared to in-state competition. According to the graphic, Texas had the lowest rated recruiting class. The announcers referenced the "changing landscape" in Texas.
Doesn't look that way according to rivals
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

Reaction Score

That's old - you grabbed 2015... They were talking about 2016.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2016/all/all

Current:
Baylor#11
TAMU @17
Houston#28
TCU #30
TxTech $34
Texas #52

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought about that yesterday when deciding whether I should root for or against the AAC. Houston is in a position where winning may actually hurt their chances of getting a BIG12 invite. I can't imagine UT wanting another Texas school beating them in their own conference. Then again, not sure how losing would help Houston either.

PS: me and @NorwalkHusky are taking credit for motivating Houston players since their loss at the Rent. Let's just say we weren't the best of hosts when the clock showed 0:00 in East Hartford :p

Reaction Score
Congrats to Houston on a well earned win and a bit of pride for the American. Hopefully, that will be UConn in a season or two.

Reaction Score
AAC commissioner Mike Aresco ranks UH's win as one of the most important in league history

American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco celebrated on the Georgia Dome field after Thursday's game and called UH's 38-24 victory over Florida State in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl "one of the most important wins we've had" in the league's 3-year history.

"The timing now of where we had such a great season, this may be the most important win we've ever had," Aresco said.

Aresco said UH's wins ranks up there with Central Florida's upset of Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl in 2014 and basketball national championships by the Connecticut men's and women's teams.

Reaction Score
If you check out Flugaur's timeline, it looks like some of the Twitter folks are catching on that Texas may not want Houston...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aresco said UH's wins ranks up there with Central Florida's upset of Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl in 2014 and basketball national championships by the Connecticut men's and women's teams.
upload_2016-1-3_16-2-16.png

Reaction Score
Not to stir the pot too much, but if Houston was going to the B12, why did 3 of Herman's staff leave this offseason (so far)?

Herman stayed because he got a big $$ increase, but you would think his assistants would be staying if they were headed to B12. Instead, they're leaving to go to places like James Madison, Rutgers, and Texas Southern.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It just seems that Aresco is pumping up Houston (and UCF) because he feels they are going to be in the AAC for a longer term. I mean seriously, how can you rank a meaningless "BCS" game over a NATIONAL FRICK FRACKING CHAMPIONSHIP?!?!?!

Reaction Score
It just seems that Aresco is pumping up Houston (and UCF) because he feels they are going to be in the AAC for a longer term. I mean seriously, how can you rank a meaningless "BCS" game over a NATIONAL FRICK FRACKING CHAMPIONSHIP?!?!?!

I partially agree, though football clearly drives the realignment bus. If basketball had more sway, UConn would have been one of the first schools into a P5 conference.

pj

Reaction Score
The conference performed at the highest level it's allowed to compete at. For the AAC, the BCS bowl is the equivalent of the national championship game in basketball.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I partially agree, though football clearly drives the realignment bus. If basketball had more sway, UConn would have been one of the first schools into a P5 conference.

I understand your point but Syracuse was able to get an invite somehow someway. Comparing football records since 2002 (when we went D-1):

UConn 86-86
Syracuse 58-105

There is no question who has had the better football program since our move to D-1 and who has the highest ceiling for upward growth. Unless we hop in our DeLoreans back to the 60s, Syracuse will forever be stuck in a state of perpetual mediocrity.

Louisville, on the other hand, was a good addition to the ACC. Their records in football and basketball, coupled with fan support, speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
I understand your point but Syracuse was able to get an invite somehow someway. Comparing football records since 2002 (when we went D-1):

UConn 86-86
Syracuse 58-105

There is no question who has had the better football program since our move to D-1 and who has the highest ceiling for upward growth. Unless we hop in our DeLoreans back to the 60s, Syracuse will forever be stuck in a state of perpetual mediocrity.

Louisville, on the other hand, was a good addition to the ACC. Their records in football and basketball, coupled with fan support, speaks for itself.

No argument there; but, when it comes to the ACC, rule #1 is fully entrenched. UConn may have been better on the field; but, when the game of musical chairs began, Syracuse had more 'history' in football and UConn was enjoying the PP era of college football along with the NCAA which hunt led by a former UConn employee - Mark Emmert. BC was against us because of Blumenthal's lawsuit (and jealousy) while Syracuse finally figured out that UConn is a threat to there NYC brand. Throw-in the anti-northeast/basketball team alliance between FSU and Clemson and UConn was not getting into the ACC, even if UConn won that damn BCS game with Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
If you want a good laugh, go over to WVU's Scout board and read their slams on the Coog High fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom