Congrats URI. | The Boneyard

Congrats URI.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Eh...screw Providence.
I know, I know.
But they're from New England too. Lotta great hoop tradition at P.U.
(Brush With Greatness: I once played one-on-one with Ernie D. at the E. Providence Health Club in the early 90s. Had no idea who this short, stubby guy was until he rained about five 30-footers on me.)

Reaction Score
Yes, 1999. They lost to UNCC while we wasted UTSA on our way to wasting Dook.
That was the year after the collapse against Stanford in the Elite Eight. Cuttino Mobley, and Tyson Wheeler, dirty Jim Harrick coaching.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
That was the year after the collapse against Stanford in the Elite Eight. Cuttino Mobley, and Tyson Wheeler, dirty Jim Harrick coaching.
An all time, epic collapse. Felt awful for Wheeler, who got fouled taking a 3 with URI down 3. He hit the hat trick--gagging on all 3 FTs. Nice college player, horrible way to go out.
But their wins may have been vacated anyway because of the slimy Harrick.

Reaction Score
An all time, epic collapse. Felt awful for Wheeler, who got fouled taking a 3 with URI down 3. He hit the hat trick--gagging on all 3 FTs. Nice college player, horrible way to go out.
But their wins may have been vacated anyway because of the slimy Harrick.

There have been worse collapses, much worse. Just last year, for example.

Being up 71-65 with one minute is not so bad in the grand scheme of collapses.

1998 N.C.A.A. TOURNAMENT: ROUND OF 8 -- MIDWEST; Stanford Wins In a Single Mad Minute

PS: How was Standford ONLY a 3 seed at 30-4...and there are talks of making 7 loss Duke a 2 or even 1 seed...Come on.

Reaction Score

Here is the last 59 seconds or so, btw. It astounds me it takes so long to play 59 seconds btw. Just the same, a great comeback helped by a no call (the slap that caused the steal) and what should have been a no call (the and-1 madsen dunk).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
A cousin of mine was a walk-on there from 01-05. I'm rooting for URI all the way.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score

Here is the last 59 seconds or so, btw. It astounds me it takes so long to play 59 seconds btw. Just the same, a great comeback helped by a no call (the slap that caused the steal) and what should have been a no call (the and-1 madsen dunk).

That Ram squad deserved better, despite their slug of a coach.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Screw Providence
Screw Rhody (many of you are too young to remember the old Yankee Conference battles - esp soccer and bball) URI ..URI..URINE..PISS
Only New England team left worth to me to follow is Vermont

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Screw Providence
Screw Rhody (many of you are too young to remember the old Yankee Conference battles - esp soccer and bball) URI ..URI..URINE..PISS
Those soccer games were bloodbaths, especially in the Morrone Era.

Reaction Score
Screw Providence
Yah, they have only played 3 times since 1990. So many people here might be too young to remember anything serious.

Actually, that is kind of shocking....3 times in more than 25 years being less than 2 hours apart I would imagine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom