Congrats UConn! | The Boneyard

Congrats UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the UConn mens basketball team!!! But lets get ready to show our support for the other Husky Basketball team... Each and every UConn team needs to win...and lets be sure to show our support!!!

Reaction Score
yours truly - a legitimate crazy f..k - is going radio silent for the night - I need to process this - I'll have an appropriate observation tomorrow. The Goat signs off...

Reaction Score
From a Michigan fan, congrats! I was on your side and hope you all get a chance to be part of our little family.
Did you root for us, or root against the SEC? Just asking... believe me, I would love for UConn to be invited to the BIG...in fact invite us now for all sports and take us for football with conditions...like expanding the stadium which must be completed within five years... we'd need the room bringing in teams with the BIG's pedigree!!!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Did you root for us, or root against the SEC? Just asking... believe me, I would love for UConn to be invited to the BIG...in fact invite us now for all sports and take us for football with conditions...like expanding the stadium which must be completed within five years... we'd need the room bringing in teams with the BIG's pedigree!!!

A little of both (or at least rooting against Calipari). Since the game last September and my time reading this board (I have been reading for some time now), I have grown to like you Huskies. This board is fun and, for the most part, the members are great contributors to the discussions. You are all great ambassadors for the university that you love.

Reaction Score
Congrats on a job well done!

As I've already stated, UConn is already in the B1G--it's just that some haven't gotten the memo yet--so I consider the Gophers NIT win and UConn's Championship as a B1G sweep.

Hey, Minnesota alum & native here. No I'm not a Gopher hoops fan, in large part because of their complicated history, esp off court issues that I've endured since 1977, so I'm a Spartan fan, but I do root for all other Gopher sports - Ski-U-Mah. I especially attend volleyball, wrestling and hockey games.

I'm also for UConn to the BIG and have started to see a trend with BIG fans to bring them in, esp those who care more about basketball and hockey. Don't be afraid to state your case at FranktheTank, which is held hostage by BIG traditionalists stuck on football, vodoo economics, and AAU status. AAU status earned, the question with UConn is a case of "When?" CT, after all, has better k-12 education than Mn, and that's saying a lot. They also continue to sink state dollars into UConn, which is often debated in Minnesota.

PS: We got a big game against are real arch rival on Thursday. I hope Lucia and company can get no. 6 this year, esp in epic fashion against BC and of course at UND's expense.

Reaction Score
From a Michigan fan, congrats! I was on your side and hope you all get a chance to be part of our little family.

Thank you! From your mouth to God's ears on joining your "little family". However, we have that little impediment called AAU membership - can Big Blue help? It would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction Score
You are all great ambassadors for the university that you love.
Well, the rest of what you typed was reasonable. Unfortunately, some absolute wacked out, knuckleheads post on this board. Luckily, some are just a bit nuts. Others, just bat shi! crazy with lunatic ideas. Sadly, some of those clowns are actually alumni. Shocking, shocking indeed! ;)

Reaction Score
From a Penn Stater, Congrats Guys! Your team truly earned that one. In this crazy world where a school the caliber of UCONN, with academics and athletics to match has presently been leveraged out of a "power conference", I'm glad you all are still able to win where it should count most... on the floor. I'll be rooting for your Ladies to get their 9th as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You call tell your respective conferences that we're planning on keeping the trophy hostage until we get an invite. We'll just have to win again next year, and the next, until something changes.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Well, the rest of what you typed was reasonable. Unfortunately, some absolute wacked out, knuckleheads post on this board. Luckily, some are just a bit nuts. Others, just bat shi! crazy with lunatic ideas. Sadly, some of those clowns are actually alumni. Shocking, shocking indeed! ;)

No more than most boards. In fact, if you want to see crazy, head over to The Victors and see true insanity. This one has knuckleheads, but they aren't as bad as I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom