Congrats to Svetlana Abrosimova | The Boneyard

Congrats to Svetlana Abrosimova

Reaction Score
Svetie (as Sue calls her) was a huge reason a lot of Now Uconn Women's fans became fans. Her public exchange of verbal barbs with Geno, her game was exceptions (for the time) , she was a pleasure to watch, her friendship with Shea--her saving lunch money to bring Mom and Dad to Senior nite--her injury that hobbled her on Senior nite---There was a group of Connecticut women who called themselves Svetlana's Grand Mothers at every game
She just by being SVETIE did a lot to hype up UConn WBB.
Congratulation to a fantastic Uconn woman's Husky Mom---that makes us all Uncles, Grand Ma's , Great Grandma's Wow--and all we did was watch her play
Congrats --we loved/love you.

Reaction Score
She was, in my opinion, the first of the incredibly reliable shooters that UConn has produced. When she shot, you expected it to go in. Now, we have come to expect that from the likes of Maya, KML, Breanna, and Napheesa, but she set the standard. I loved watching her.

And I bet she'll be a great mother too.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Sveta, who announced on Instagram she is a new mother to twin girls.

OK,using the remaining shreds of my college Russian, she calls her girls "dochenki," which is sort of a cute, affectionate term for "daughters".

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Congratulations to a wonderful lady.
She was a joy to watch on so many levels.
You can actually feel the love looking at that picture.
Makes me want to have another child.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wow! Great at basketball, great in life. Clearly her greatest and most fulfilling achievement(s).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Congratulations to a wonderful lady.
She was a joy to watch on so many levels.
You can actually feel the love looking at that picture.
Makes me want to have another child.
Okay now have a seat. I'll hold your coat. Relax, have a drink and just think your last thoughts through. We're going to talk you through this. You're going to be just fine. I'm here just to listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom