Congrats to South Carolina | The Boneyard

Congrats to South Carolina

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the end..... I would have been happy with either team winning. At least with South Carolina winning... I can say that I saw my team knock off the champs in person.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
In the end..... I would have been happy with either team winning. At least with South Carolina winning... I can say that I saw my team knock off the champs in person.

I'm looking forward to Leonna Odom transferring to South Carolina this offseason. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm already looking forward to next season. Except for a seldom-used senior, everyone who played in the NCAAT will be back next season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I will say I thought there was no way that South Carolina would cut down any Championship nets after I saw them Dec 4th ........ even as late as Monday evening.... ..... I just knew that Florida State would end their season. I'll give credit to Lower Carolina... they proved me wrong........... I would eat some crow.... but I dont have any in the house, so I will just fry up some chicken tenderloins for dinner instead

I'm looking forward to Leonna Odom transferring to South Carolina this offseason. ;)

imma act.jpg

Reaction Score
Congrats. NC and USA coach, does this mean that DS and SC will be rolling in top recruits hereon. Are they the new Uconn- since ND failed to live up to that calling, and found it more instructive to blame Uconn for always winning. (Dawn can also stop complaining that it would be nice for someone else to win. Now that she has one under her belt.)

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but SC was thoroughly unimpressive and got unbelievably lucky that UCONN lost to MSU.

The absolute BEST team did not win the title this year. Period, End of Story.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Congrats. NC and USA coach, does this mean that DS and SC will be rolling in top recruits hereon. Are they the new Uconn- since ND failed to live up to that calling, and found it more instructive to blame Uconn for always winning. (Dawn can also stop complaining that it would be nice for someone else to win. Now that she has one under her belt.)
Dawn NEVER started complaining that it would be nice for someone else to win. She is from Philly, we don't complain we grind!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
From the start of the season I said the only other team I would be satisfied to see holding the trophy would be Dawn. I never wavered in my love for Dawn, her team, and A'ja Wilson. I admittedly thought their offense was not championship level, but I was clearly wrong about that. Nevertheless, how could the best WCBB fanbase not deserve a championship? The Dawnmenator. Champion forever.

Reaction Score
Congrats to USC. I was truly impressed with A'ja. A real beast around the basket. If she develops a game out to 20-25 ft, she'll be unstoppable. I think, for SC fans, she's their Lobo! Not a bad thing to be!

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but SC was thoroughly unimpressive and got unbelievably lucky that UCONN lost to MSU.

The absolute BEST team did not win the title this year. Period, End of Story.
Well, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, even if it's a bad opinion, as yours certainly is. First, to suggest that any team with SC's record is "thoroughly unimpressive" is just petty and silly. They had, in the eyes of any objective observer, a great season, and are deserving of lavish praise for compiling it. But the "unbelievably lucky" part is worse than petty. It reflects a fundamental ignorance of the very nature of sports, and the unpredictability of outcomes. The very same people who are howling about how the "best" team did not win the championship this season were strangely muted when Louisville cleared the way for UConn to win the title in Stewie's Freshman year. UConn was not the "absolute best" team that year...but so what? That reality and a few bucks will buy Baylor a cup of coffee at Starbucks any day!

Reaction Score
Well, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, even if it's a bad opinion, as yours certainly is. First, to suggest that any team with SC's record is "thoroughly unimpressive" is just petty and silly. They had, in the eyes of any objective observer, a great season, and are deserving of lavish praise for compiling it. But the "unbelievably lucky" part is worse than petty. It reflects a fundamental ignorance of the very nature of sports, and the unpredictability of outcomes. The very same people who are howling about how the "best" team did not win the championship this season were strangely muted when Louisville cleared the way for UConn to win the title in Stewie's Freshman year. UConn was not the "absolute best" team that year...but so what? That reality and a few bucks will buy Baylor a cup of coffee at Starbucks any day!

What I meant in my original post that SC was thoroughly unimpressive in the title game.

Any way you want to slice it SC was lucky and we all know. They are not a true champion IMO. You dont have to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

SC compiled a nice record with 4 losses. Congrats.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What I meant in my original post that SC was thoroughly unimpressive in the title game.

Any way you want to slice it SC was lucky and we all know. They are not a true champion IMO. You dont have to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

SC compiled a nice record with 4 losses. Congrats.
I'm pretty sure they are laughing at you.
03ncaawomen2-master675.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom