Congrats to Hamilton and Lenehan | The Boneyard

Congrats to Hamilton and Lenehan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing against Lenehan but how the heck do you give an award to someone who played 6 minutes all year?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
Cue Husky91 to disparage Lenehan and saying his academic accomplishments are overrated....

Pat's lab classes were running on ESPN 3. That isn't getting us to the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Looks like even Lenehan was surprised they'd give it to a player who played so little.

"It was completely unexpected. I didn't really think I'd be up for it. I know the scholar part, but the scholar-athlete part."

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/03/kevin-ollie-on-ryan-boatright-of-course.html

How would the other coaches even know who he is? He's essentially a walk-on on scholarship. I highly doubt coaches of other teams know walk-ons on another team. My guess is the conference office floated his candidacy because of the unique nature of his scholarly attributes.

Reaction Score
And, we are really lucky to have DHam as a Husky. He's going to be really special

Reaction Score
Looks like even Lenehan was surprised they'd give it to a player who played so little.

"It was completely unexpected. I didn't really think I'd be up for it. I know the scholar part, but the scholar-athlete part."

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/03/kevin-ollie-on-ryan-boatright-of-course.html

How would the other coaches even know who he is? He's essentially a walk-on on scholarship. I highly doubt coaches of other teams know walk-ons on another team. My guess is the conference office floated his candidacy because of the unique nature of his scholarly attributes.
Is the Scholar Athlete an award based on coaching votes, though? If so, I don't know how any of the coaches would be aware of grades for players on other teams.

Reaction Score
Lenehan is a special case. This isn't a guy getting a 3.8 in comms or something. He's obviously among the very best students at the school.

Reaction Score
Is the Scholar Athlete an award based on coaching votes, though? If so, I don't know how any of the coaches would be aware of grades for players on other teams.
Yeah, probably makes sense that this award isn't done from the votes from coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom