Congrats To Doug Bruno... | The Boneyard

Congrats To Doug Bruno...

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Seems like a really good guy and good coach, happy for him.

My indelible image of him, though, is from the first quarter of the December 1 game where UConn jumped out to a 37-6 lead. He was beside himself, called two timeouts in the space of about 10 seconds, but the tsunami kept coming. Did what he could, but UConn was unstoppable, one of the best early season indications of what was to come............................

depaul.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seems like a really good guy and good coach, happy for him.

My indelible image of him, though, is from the first quarter of the December 1 game where UConn jumped out to a 37-6 lead. He was beside himself, called two timeouts in the space of about 10 seconds, but the tsunami kept coming. Did what he could, but UConn was unstoppable, one of the best early season indications of what was to come........

View attachment 20205

Has any D1 women's basketball team scored more than UConn's 37 points in a quarter this season?

Reaction Score
Has any D1 women's basketball team scored more than UConn's 37 points in a quarter this season?

Possibly no-one has scored more against a good team. But Baylor - in their ridiculous 108 point win over Winthrop - scored 39 and 38 points in the first two quarters.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Possibly no-one has scored more against a good team. But Baylor - in their ridiculous 108 point win over Winthrop - scored 39 and 38 points in the first two quarters.

Oh yes, Winthrop, from the BIG South Conference. They finished 2-27 (1-16) this season. In addition: Winthrop athletic director Ken Halpin said Friday that the university and coach Kevin Cook have agreed mutually and amicably to part ways. Unfortunately, those players suffered through a season they'll never forget. Let's hope they have a better season next year under their new coach.
Thanks Stamford. :)

Reaction Score
Little noticed was the fact that Winthrop opened their season with a 49 point win over D3 NC Wesleyan. Imagine how that team might fare against Baylor!

Winthrop's lone D1 win of the year was in late January over Longwood. I wonder if they cut down the nets. They still have a shot at winning their Big South tournament and heading for the Big Dance however. I imagine the odds are a bit long however.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's a shame that a person I consider the 2nd best coach in WCBB will never get the recruits he deserves at DePaul. Here's to Doug Bruno. Great coach and all around, one of the good guys.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Good for him. I love his voice...sounds like he just swallowed a handful of gravel. I do wish he would quit wearing those Oxford shirts with the DePaul decal stitched on the pocket. It makes him look like he works at an auto parts store.

Reaction Score
It's a shame that a person I consider the 2nd best coach in WCBB will never get the recruits he deserves at DePaul. Here's to Doug Bruno. Great coach and all around, one of the good guys.
Good call, Doug does a great job with what he gets at DePaul. Thanks for not going along with the crowd & saying that lady at ND is the 2nd best.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to one of the good and great ones, indeed. He and Geno have been known to break bread and more together. So, here's a virtual tip of the glass to him (a great, great wine, BTW):
p1120673-cavalotto-barolo.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doug may have picked up a few coaching tips in Rio during the summer.

Reaction Score
Great coach. I always thought he bore some resemblance to Harp Marx. Not an insult. I loved Harpo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom