Congrats to Andre | The Boneyard

Congrats to Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Andre Jackson Jr.
Guys that stay in school can still make $’s!
CEE595A6-09FB-4E33-8934-5BC9A56DC89C.jpeg

Reaction Score
like for the NIL deal, and more so as a fan of the product, not for the bouknight shade.
I think in 5-10 years Jackson Jr will have done just fine. In fact, this season he will have the best of both World’s.
As someone whose worked in the investment field for decades, the idea that a 21 - 22 year old should time a payday a year earlier at the expense of preparation in their profession is beyond silly. Yet, unfortunately, some players get affiliated with inexperienced handlers (at best) who drive them off that cliff with a get rich quick scheme.

Reaction Score
I hope this is real because I can see a flood of random college athletes of all levels pushing completely random products. This is gonna be the golden age of sponsorship. "What does Akok Akok crave after a long practice? BIT O HONEY! Made with real honey!"

Reaction Score
As someone whose worked in the investment field for decades, the idea that a 21 - 22 year old should time a payday a year earlier at the expense of preparation in their profession is beyond silly.
with all due respect, no first year investment banker is offered a $19 million paycheck. that is set-for-life money.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
with all due respect, no first year investment banker is offered a $19 million paycheck. that is set-for-life money.
so true and I say in Bouk's situation take it when you can but I also understand what Chief00 is alluding to. It is hard for anyone, never mind a kid, to look off a stupid amount of money for unproven success in a field at the highest level they are entering.
You have to wonder if the Hornets are maybe thinking buyers remorse
He better save smartly and see a financial advisor - maybe Emeka can help him - it's a ton of money and it could be a one time occurrence.
I'll never see that kind of money in 6 lifetimes of working

Reaction Score
This thread is about Andre not James. However, your information is inaccurately presented so I should respond. James made about $4m this season not $19m. If he stayed in school another year he would still be a pro the next 3 years and likely making more. Although, being prepared is key, because the big money is in the second contract. Multiple times bigger, if someone is prepared. Back to Andre please.

Reaction Score
This thread is about Andre not James. However, your information is inaccurately presented so I should respond. James made about $4m this season not $19m. If he stayed in school another year he would still be a pro the next 3 years and likely making more. Although, being prepared is key, because the big money is in the second contract. Multiple times bigger, if someone is prepared. Back to Andre please.
bouknight signed a 4 year deal worth $19,151,217 and we all know you were throwing shade at him again

Reaction Score
Chief doesn't know what it means to struggle your whole life financially, work your tail off for an opportunity, and then have your dream of being a lottery pick come true. Enough with your little shots at Bouk he made the right decision for himself and his family.

Now go back to talking about yourself in the third person....

Reaction Score
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Reaction Score
bouknight signed a 4 year deal worth $19,151,217 and we all know you were throwing shade at him again
You show so little confidence in James. Unlike you, Chief believes the more prepared, the more money will be there. Basically, any amount of money seems like a lot to you - hence your take the quick money and run advice. Chief has confidence in James that he can built a career in a substantive manner.

Reaction Score
You show so little confidence in James. Unlike you, Chief believes the more prepared, the more money will be there. Basically, any amount of money seems like a lot to you - hence your take the quick money and run advice. Chief has confidence in James that he can built a career in a substantive manner.
quite the contrary. i think he made the right decision by going pro and he'll be afforded every opportunity to build a long and successful career in the nba. you, on the other hand, thought he wasnt ready for it. in other words, i was confident in him and you were not.

and no, any amount of money does not seem like a lot to me but almost $20 million IS a lot. trying to analogize his decision to a 21 year old i-banker making $150k is a joke.

Reaction Score
If Bouk came back to UConn and had a career ending injury would Chief pay him $19mil he could've made? Not everyone grew up with a golden spoon in their mouth like you Chief

Reaction Score
Yeah, @bendm, you act like $19 million is a lot of money. What are you? A literal homeless person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom