Congrats to Aliyah Boston and Worcester Academy! | The Boneyard

Congrats to Aliyah Boston and Worcester Academy!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Worcester Academy won the AA New England Prep School Championship on Sunday beating Tabor.
AA is the highest classification.

Junior center Aliyah Boston is a UConn target with several visits to Storrs over the last couple of years.
How about looking for her during the first weekend of The Dance?
Aliyah...maybe 6'3"...was the MVP last summer of the 17U team that qualified for the 2018 17U World Championships this summer. I think they [easily] won the western hemisphere tourney last summer.
Note: Paige Buecker was on that team as well....perhaps the youngest member.

We will be losing Azura/Katie/Napheesa after the season of 2018-2019. Geno does need to hit the junior class pretty hard....that loss may rival the year we lost Breanna/Moriah/Morgan....or come close.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Worcester Academy won the AA New England Prep School Championship on Sunday beating Tabor.

Junior center Aliyah Boston is a UConn target with several visits to Storrs over the last couple of years.
Aliyah...maybe 6'3"...was the MVP last summer of the 17U team that qualified for the 2018 17U World Championships this summer. I think they [easily] won the western hemisphere tourney last summer.

We will be losing Azura/Katie/Napheesa after the season of 2018-2019. Geno does need to hit the junior class pretty hard....that loss may rival the year we lost Breanna/Moriah/Morgan....or come close.
The year we went 36-1? :cool:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
IMO....we overachieved last year.

What year did we lose more talent than 2016?

Maybe 2002: Sue/Tamika/Ashja/Swin...3 Olympians....yikes!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@blakeon18 thanks for the update on Aliyah Boston. Note to @Sluconn Husky not like you to get scooped on these updates.:D
That USA team was loaded with UCONN prospects and it would have been a shorter list to list the kids on the roster NOT involved with UCONN. One slight correction though Paige was not the youngest member of the squad, Azzi Fudd was. Azzi made the team before she played her Freshmen year of HS basketball.
USA Women's U16 National Team Finalists

Reaction Score
@blakeon18 thanks for the update on Aliyah Boston. Note to @Sluconn Husky not like you to get scooped on these updates.:D
That USA team was loaded with UCONN prospects and it would have been a shorter list to list the kids on the roster NOT involved with UCONN. One slight correction though Paige was not the youngest member of the squad, Azzi Fudd was. Azzi made the team before she played her Freshmen year of HS basketball.
USA Women's U16 National Team Finalists
Fudd is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Yes so true! Lost three AA's and the top three picks in the WNBA draft.
And what followed? An amazing, undefeated season until a shocking loss in the national semi-final and now another undefeated season, til this point.
Someone Geno, CD and the staff will figure it all out and it falls into place!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It'll all be nice when Ezi comes on board next year. The next class will ease the pain of loss.
One of the recruiting gurus thinks that Christyn and Olivia comprise the #1 recruiting class. Adding a player who is more experienced and possibly better than either of them should make it an historic class. Fingers very much crossed.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the recruiting gurus thinks that Christyn and Olivia comprise the #1 recruiting class. Adding a player who is more experienced and possibly better than either of them should make it an historic class. Fingers very much crossed.
Mil. I think I just have a tentative date for the Jordan Brand Classic. That's Sunday April 8 at the Barclays Center. I see tickets available and posted on Ticketmaster. I'm running down to Barclay's to see if they're on sale at their box office. Presale goes on sale on Ticketmaster 3-7-18.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mil. I think I just have a tentative date for the Jordan Brand Classic. That's Sunday April 8 at the Barclays Center. I see tickets available and posted on Ticketmaster. I'm running down to Barclay's to see if they're on sale at their box office. Presale goes on sale on Ticketmaster 3-7-18.
Thanks. My granddaughter's 3rd birthday party is on the 7th, so I'll be in town. BTW, Rosie is off the growth charts (mom is 5'10" and dad is almost 6'4"), so I'm expecting a birthday gift from Jeff Walz. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks. My granddaughter's 3rd birthday party is on the 7th, so I'll be in town. BTW, Rosie is off the growth charts (mom is 5'10" and dad is almost 6'4"), so I'm expecting a birthday gift from Jeff Walz. :D
Shhhh. Don't look now, but the flies in their apartment are already recording for him.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
In what state is Worcester Academy?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Thank you. Maybe I can watch the replay if there is one.

Not that Geno and staff need help, but maybe Dee can use his connections to lend a hand in recruiting Boston. He is very well respected in all New England BB circles.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There is no guarantee that the members of the 17U team from last summer will make the upcoming World Cup team this coming summer. Belarus hosts....July 21-29. I would assume Paige/Azzie and Aliyah would have great shots at making the roster. It's a bit down the road but USABasketball does a solid job of reporting from the site....each game is covered.

Hmmm...Geno went to Italy last summer to see Crystal/Megan/Christyn represent the USA19U team...maybe a peak at Aussie Ezi too....I wonder if he might check out the sights in Belarus come July 2018.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
IMO....we overachieved last year.

What year did we lose more talent than 2016?

Maybe 2002: Sue/Tamika/Ashja/Swin...3 Olympians....yikes!
Record wise yea, didn't expect no losses going into the tourney, but I thought we had a decent chance to get to the FF.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ummm, are you thinking of Quincy instead of Elmer?
Is Quincy's surname Sessions? I have seen a reference to that recently. Just amazing! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom