Congrats on getting your coach! | The Boneyard

Congrats on getting your coach!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Was reading the thread over on the BBall forum (even had a (post in it). Seems like a good coach for you all! Now we just need to get you all into the Big10 and bringing back UConn men's basketball will be a great start!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Thanks Dayooper. If only this was all we needed to get in. HCRE 2.0 needs to keep improving the football, President Herbst needs to continue to improve the academics and then we need the chips to fall correctly when the Big 12 armageddon happens in 2022 or 2023, whatever the correct year is. Coach Hurley is step 1.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Thanks Dayooper. If only this was all we needed to get in. HCRE 2.0 needs to keep improving the football, President Herbst needs to continue to improve the academics and then we need the chips to fall correctly when the Big 12 armageddon happens in 2022 or 2023, whatever the correct year is. Coach Hurley is step 1.

The 2021-2023 time frame seems to be where the action might take place. I think that there will be movement, but not sure what or where it will be. I think that if the Big10 goes to 20 (and I think they will need more than two if they want Texas), then you are in good shape. If they go to 16? It's probably a pair like Kansas and Oklahoma and I don't think UConn makes the cut.

I will post my crazy CR scenario in the thread, but I really believe if the Big10 makes a move, they have to keep at least some of the original Big10 teams together. The Big10 has been around for a long time (1895) and take pride in their traditions. Many Original School Big10 fans are upset they aren't playing their old rivals as much. The Big10 is a tradition rich and slow moving organization. They were one of the last D1 basketball conferences to adapt a conference tourney (1998). They didn't allow teams to play in bowl games not named the Rose Bowl until 1975. They didn't change their official name from their original name, "The Intercollegiate Conference of Faculty Representatives" to the Big 10 until 1987. They had been known as the Big9 or Big10 since it's inception. We love our tradition. The fans want to play those original schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Daylooper, How would football be scheduled in a conference with 20 schools? Seems to me 20 schools would work just fine for all sports but football. I don't think its healthy and smart for D1 to have less than 3 OOC games per year, four is what it should be.

So in a 12 game season, how would it work? Four divisions of 5, 4 div games, 4 cross over conf games, highest two ranked teams not in the same div per the BCS play each other for conf champ?

Easy East Pod?
1. Penn St
2. Rutty
3. Maryland
4. UConn
5. Virginia

Brutal Legends Pod?
6. Ohio St
7. Michigan
8. Michigan St
9. Indiana
10. Purdue

Nord Pod?
11. Northwestern
12. Wisconsin
13. Minnesota
14. Iowa
15. Illinois

Rodeo Pod?
16. Nebraska
17. Texas
18. Oklahoma
19. Kansas
20. Mizzou <--difficult to leave the SEC, but fills the geographic puzzle nicely.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Daylooper, How would football be scheduled in a conference with 20 schools? Seems to me 20 schools would work just fine for all sports but football. I don't think its healthy and smart for D1 to have less than 3 OOC games per year, four is what it should be.

So in a 12 game season, how would it work? Four divisions of 5, 4 div games, 4 cross over conf games, highest two ranked teams not in the same div per the BCS play each other for conf champ?

Easy East Pod?
1. Penn St
2. Rutty
3. Maryland
4. UConn
5. Virginia

Brutal Legends Pod?
6. Ohio St
7. Michigan
8. Michigan St
9. Indiana
10. Purdue

Nord Pod?
11. Northwestern
12. Wisconsin
13. Minnesota
14. Iowa
15. Illinois

Rodeo Pod?
16. Nebraska
17. Texas
18. Oklahoma
19. Kansas
20. Mizzou <--difficult to leave the SEC, but fills the geographic puzzle nicely.

See my post in the crazy CR thread.

Reaction Score
See my post in the crazy CR thread.
You forgot that no one can leave the ACC until 2036, so cancel Virginia. Mizzou would be crazy to leave the SEC

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You forgot that no one can leave the ACC until 2036, so cancel Virginia. Mizzou would be crazy to leave the SEC
Good point about virginia. I don’t think it’s impossible for Missouri to leave the sec, But the odds are long.

I can’t stomach the idea that the b10, would ever consider adding anything but Oklahoma and Texas from the b12. So maybe 18 teams it should be for fantasy land b10.

Reaction Score
Were gonna have to turn up a bunch of cash in the next couple of years to have a shot in realignment.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Was reading the thread over on the BBall forum (even had a (post in it). Seems like a good coach for you all! Now we just need to get you all into the Big10 and bringing back UConn men's basketball will be a great start!
It was weird to not get kicked in the junk for a change!

dayooper

Reaction Score
It was weird to not get kicked in the junk for a change!

It seems like a great fit. He’ll do well and hopefully will be around for a long time.

Reaction Score
We're most definitely in play for the Big Ten. They know of Connecticut's underackowledged value to this country.

I cannot see how'd they want Kansas over us.

Reaction Score
We're most definitely in play for the Big Ten. They know of Connecticut's underackowledged value to this country.

I cannot see how'd they want Kansas over us.
We need to get an AAU membership which Kansas already has. Not saying not having it is a deal breaker but it couldn't hurt to have it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom