Congrats, Condolences, and Thank You | The Boneyard

Congrats, Condolences, and Thank You

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Congrats to Geno and the coaching staff, the players, and the Huskies fans for another great season. You lost two key starters, had a starter who missed your entire conference tournament, and yet you still won easily and graciously, night in, night out. And you were probably just a few missed treys away from a twelfth title. All while having such a thoughtful, generous, genuine set of players. Truly - they couldn't be better representatives for your alma mater.

Condolences for losing another Final Four heartbreaker. I'm sure it stings, and man, the idea of KLS spending four years in a Huskies jersey and never once playing in a championship game just seems wrong. It actually does not seem right with the universe. It feels especially personal as a longtime Stanford fan - when Lou picked UConn over us even though Bon Bon and Karl were at Stanford, at least I could console myself with the thought that she was guaranteeing herself some title games. And yet.

Thank you to all you Huskies fans, boosters, and the mods. The Boneyard became my home away from home this season; I could be certain there'd be a thoughtful, engaged, critical mass of WBB fans who not only cared about the home team, but about all the teams. It was a privilege to share bulletin board space with you, and you were more than gracious with so many outsiders coming in supporting other teams.

I first became a fan of UConn when I was a grad student at Yale and had the good fortune to catch the 2013 Big East title game in Hartford vs. the Domers. Although UConn lost it in a close game, it was something of a coming out party for Stewwie, who was obviously Destined for Greatness, and went on to romp her way to a national title and three more to follow. Although I'll always be a Stanford fan first and foremost, the class and poise of that team, and every team Geno has led, has made me a permanent adopted fan. Here's to many more to come for the Huskies. If I had my wish, next year it'd be Geno v. Tara in 2020 in the title game to break a tie for most all-time coaching wins with Pat. That seems like karmic justice for all three coaches.

Thank y'all.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom