Conference USA Tourney | The Boneyard

Conference USA Tourney

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This might be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

They are playing games at the same time on Court A and Court B.

It's 'televised' on Facebook and if you click into a game - you can see a black curtain behind some pop up bleachers. This is a D-1 conference has that another game playing at the same time on the other side of the curtain like an over 40 YMCA league.

Reaction Score

It's 'televised' on Facebook and if you click into a game - you can see a black curtain behind some pop up bleachers. This is a D-1 conference has that another game playing at the same time on the other side of the curtain like an over 40 YMCA league.
yeah that could be us some day so I'm not quite ready to mock it just yet

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What's even sadder is that if you think the bottom 3-4 teams in our conference bring the rest down, the bottom 8-9 bring the top top 3-4 C-USA teams way down. If WKU, ODU, MTSU, and Marshall are even in the A-10, they would at least be bubble teams.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And if you think wow Facebook that is cutting edge.

There were 1,658 other people watching UTEP and UTSA.

Can’t wait until my wife asks why she is getting ticket offers for the CUSA baseball
tournament.

Reaction Score
15 years ago CUSA was actually a respectable league. I don't even know who's in it now.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

The Sun Belt used to do that. It was awesome watching on ESPN3. They'd do a double-box when both games were close late, too.

Reaction Score
Any chance the AAC court MTSU? They’d help both basketball and football and their arena always has a great energy. They are geographically central as well.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
So sad. C-USA was a ton of fun back in the day. UAB was actually good with Mike Anderson, Charlotte was a tourney team with Bobby Lutz, Memphis was a underachieving group of losers with Coach Cal, hell even DePaul was good back then. Was a fun league.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Didn’t cusa and the mountain west talk about like a 28 team super conference a few years ago?

Reaction Score
Any chance the AAC court MTSU? They’d help both basketball and football and their arena always has a great energy. They are geographically central as well.

Positives - Natural rival with Memphis. Easy in-and-out as Murfreesboro, TN is about 30 miles from Nashville. Would be a preferred road game for every team in the AAC due to the central location. It would probably help in terms of a TV contract as Murfreesboro is part of the Nashville TV market.

Negatives are competition with SEC, very limited local appeal for their sports (football attendance of 10K-15K for winning team). The directional school stigma also comes into play.

kobe

Reaction Score
Positives - Natural rival with Memphis. Easy in-and-out as Murfreesboro, TN is about 30 miles from Nashville. Would be a preferred road game for every team in the AAC due to the central location. It would probably help in terms of a TV contract as Murfreesboro is part of the Nashville TV market.

Negatives are competition with SEC, very limited local appeal for their sports (football attendance of 10K-15K for winning team). The directional school stigma also comes into play.
The only school the AAC should even consider adding on the basketball side is VCU.

Reaction Score

That reminds me of a Pickle ball court. Ain't it great to be a P6 team!

Reaction Score

Not a bad team but should the AAC expand, UCONN needs more local rivals. For that reason I would prefer UMASS and/or an Army/VCU package deal.

Reaction Score
So sad. C-USA was a ton of fun back in the day. UAB was actually good with Mike Anderson, Charlotte was a tourney team with Bobby Lutz, Memphis was a underachieving group of losers with Coach Cal, hell even DePaul was good back then. Was a fun league.

I believe last time Maquette was REALLY good was with Crean and DWade in that version of CUSA. Made a Final 4.
Pitino and Huggins, Lutz, Calipari, Crean, Anderson.. hard to believe it’s on Social media now

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Wow. Even the better AAU games get "the big court."

kobe

Reaction Score
I believe last time Maquette was REALLY good was with Crean and DWade in that version of CUSA. Made a Final 4.
Pitino and Huggins, Lutz, Calipari, Crean, Anderson.. hard to believe it’s on Social media now
Yep, Tom Crean should have to send to a portion of his salary to Wade because he basically got him the Indiana job. To be fair, they did have some success in the Big East under Buzz making at least 1 Elite 8. Also put some guys in the league like Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, even Dwight Buycks. Never understood the beef between him and their administration.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yep, Tom Crean should have to send to a portion of his salary to Wade because he basically got him the Indiana job. To be fair, they did have some success in the Big East under Buzz making at least 1 Elite 8. Also put some guys in the league like Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, even Dwight Buycks. Never understood the beef between him and their administration.

Steve Novak too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom