Conference USA is no longer a good fit for Old Dominion | The Boneyard

Conference USA is no longer a good fit for Old Dominion

Reaction Score
Lord help us ;)

Conference USA is no longer a good fit for Old Dominion

>>The school should explore joining with other schools to form a football-only league, with those schools playing other sports in other leagues.

The ideal league could include Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina from the Sun Belt, James Madison from the Colonial Athletic Association, football independents Liberty University and UMass and perhaps UConn.<<

Reaction Score
Sign me up.

Football:

UCONN
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Liberty
UMass
ECU

Non-Football:

UCONN
Nova
Xavier
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Providence
St Johns
Creighton
Butler
Marquette
Depaul

Reaction Score
Sign me up.

Football:

UCONN
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Liberty
UMass
ECU

Non-Football:

UCONN
Nova
Xavier
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Providence
St Johns
Creighton
Butler
Marquette
Depaul
Good for you if you will jump for joy on this fiasco! This comes into fruition I will not be writing any more checks to UConn athletics and will send all my gear neatly folded and packaged in a box to President Herbst via UPS.

Reaction Score
Good for you if you will jump for joy on this fiasco! This comes into fruition I will not be writing any more checks to UConn athletics and will send all my gear neatly folded and packaged in a box to President Herbst via UPS.

Quite the tantrum, honey boo boo.

Not to mention that for everyone one of you, there is one of me who will start writing checks and buying twice as much gear.

Reaction Score
Quite the tantrum, honey boo boo.

Not to mention that for everyone one of you, there is one of me who will start writing checks and buying twice as much gear.
Oh wait so you don’t write checks now OR buy season tickets/gear? I realized after I posted my reply you are that EDP who flys this flag all over The Boneyard....I can’t believe I bought into another one of your BS posts about this subject. This will definitely be my last post in this thread though.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This alternative is better than our current conference situation. Most alternatives are better than our current conference situation.

Reaction Score
"Tulsa, Tulane and East Carolina left shortly thereafter taking away two good bball schools", good point of reference, lol.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure ODU got screwed the worst in realignment.

Reaction Score
You think football attendance is rough now? Imagine it if you ended up in a conference comprised entirely of body bag teams. You would have to kidnap students off the street to get them to attend.

At least the old heads would get beloved rivals like Seton Hall and Providence back on the basketball schedule. They can all tight roll their jeans, wax up their Fieros and make believe it's 1987 again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You think football attendance is rough now? Imagine it if you ended up in a conference comprised entirely of body bag teams. You would have to kidnap students of the street to get them to attend.

At least the old heads would get beloved rivals like Seton Hall and Providence back on the basketball schedule. They can all tight roll their jeans, wax up their Fieros and make believe it's 1987 again.

I carry my season tickets purely as an obligation at this point - 6 tickets that I can never fill because there is always a reason for a majority of us to back out.... often at the last minute. Of course there are many factors ( distance from stadium, young kids, honey-dos, etc) but above all else there is no juice to our schedule; and when we use the tickets it is because the stars, weather and start times align for a nice tailgating day. It is a sad departure from the way it used to be.

My attendance pattern would be no different if we swapped SMU with Liberty or whatever directional state school you choose. This is rock bottom for me because there is no natural interest in our current configuration.

Reaction Score
Sign me up.

Football:

UCONN
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Liberty
UMass
ECU

Non-Football:

UCONN
Nova
Xavier
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Providence
St Johns
Creighton
Butler
Marquette
Depaul

Eh. Mah. Gawd.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Football:

UCONN
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Liberty
UMass
ECU

111438_stock-photo-drill-through-head.jpg

Reaction Score
Sign me up.

Football:

UCONN
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Liberty
UMass
ECU

Non-Football:

UCONN
Nova
Xavier
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Providence
St Johns
Creighton
Butler
Marquette
Depaul
So you want to sell 14 tickets a season? Cool! I’ll just tell you now that I graduated in 2010 at the of height Big East enthusiasm in both basketball and football and no one I know will buy a ticket to 95% of those schedules. Way to make the AAC look elite!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I rather UConn share the Rent with Central and play in their league than this. I wouldn't go to any games in that league either but it would help Central feel better about themselves.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This alternative is better than our current conference situation. Most alternatives are better than our current conference situation.

The minute the NBE gets their new TV contract, which will largely be in-line with the AAC, you'll hopefully see the error of your incessant whining on this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom