Conference Schedule Grid | The Boneyard

Conference Schedule Grid

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I wish the Ivy League got rid of their tournament. That tradition was really cool.

Reaction Score
I wish the Ivy League got rid of their tournament. That tradition was really cool.
Ooh, I disagree with this. I love that they do a tournament now. I like that it's still a little different, with only the top 4 teams in the league playing. This year it would be particularly tough to send the regular season champion since 3 teams are basically tied for first place with only a couple games to go.

Reaction Score
Ooh, I disagree with this. I love that they do a tournament now. I like that it's still a little different, with only the top 4 teams in the league playing. This year it would be particularly tough to send the regular season champion since 3 teams are basically tied for first place with only a couple games to go.
My only gripe is that I wish the tournament was played at top team's home sites.

It's just a five hour drive from the two farthest schools from each other (Princeton to Dartmouth).

Reaction Score
Glad we finish on Saturday now. Hated the Sunday finish in the AAC.

Big East used to have a Sunday finish way back when. Was pretty cool in that you'd go to the tourney, and then after the final everyone would head the the nearby bars to watch were we were seeded for the dance.

Back then you could take a single Friday vacation day, watch the quarter finals (pre-game, two games, dinner in NY, two more games), semis on Saturday night and finals on Sunday. All for a single vacation day. Now takes a much larger chunk of vacation.

Reaction Score
My only gripe is that I wish the tournament was played at top team's home sites.

It's just a five hour drive from the two farthest schools from each other (Princeton to Dartmouth).
True. Harvard will have a big advantage if they sneak in as the 4-seed playing at home this year. If memory serves Yale (who I root for as kind of a secondary team to UConn) benefitted from that system recently though so I'm not gonna complain too much

Reaction Score
True. Harvard will have a big advantage if they sneak in as the 4-seed playing at home this year. If memory serves Yale (who I root for as kind of a secondary team to UConn) benefitted from that system recently though so I'm not gonna complain too much
Update: Harvard blew the chance to play the conference tournament at home. Princeton, Yale, Penn, and Cornell will square off, likely with the seeds in that order.

Really want to go to Yale's last home game on Saturday, but it starts at 7 and UConn plays at 5. We'll see.

In other news: Conference tournaments start tonight! Time for March!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I agree with the idea, but there are at least a handful (each) of greater distances and travel times.

Dartmouth to Penn is the furthest. And Harvard to Cornell takes a shade under 7 hours.

Reaction Score
Update: Harvard blew the chance to play the conference tournament at home. Princeton, Yale, Penn, and Cornell will square off, likely with the seeds in that order.

Really want to go to Yale's last home game on Saturday, but it starts at 7 and UConn plays at 5. We'll see.

In other news: Conference tournaments start tonight! Time for March!!
UConn > Yale :)

Reaction Score
UConn > Yale :)
Oh no doubt about that! Not sure if I will attend the Yale game but I do know for a fact that I will not be missing a second of the UConn game either way.

Reaction Score
WTH is up with 2- and 3-day breaks within a tournament schedule?!
These are tourneys that do not play in a neutral site.

Case in point, the Pac-12 tournament in Vegas would get pretty messy if there were 2- and 3-day breaks :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Cheap bastard.:) Lol
It got me from CT to LouKY efficiently, and has directed me away from an I-65 Ohio River toll bridge between Louisville and Clarksville, IN while I learn my way around.

There are at least a couple bridges right nearby for local family travel.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Coach Sellers and CCSU for winning the play-in round of the NEC tourney.

I caught the last 10 minutes of the game and it was actually pretty entertaining. Nice comeback from CCSU.

CCSU plays Bryant on Wednesday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom