Conference Re-Alignment Auction Complete | The Boneyard

Conference Re-Alignment Auction Complete

Reaction Score
Considering that Cincinnati used to be a full member of the MAC, while UCF and Temple used to be football affiliate members of the MAC, I would say UConn is already kinda sorta in the MAC now.

Reaction Score
Considering that Cincinnati used to be a full member of the MAC, while UCF and Temple used to be football affiliate members of the MAC, I would say UConn is already kinda sorta in the MAC now.
Sad, but true. It will be more devastating when Cinci and UCF go to the Big 12 and UConn remains behind.

Reaction Score
Sad, but true. It will be more devastating when Cinci and UCF go to the Big 12 and UConn remains behind.
Does West Virginia or Boston College pay you to pollute this fan board?

Reaction Score
Does West Virginia or Boston College pay you to pollute this fan board?
Yes, they pay me millions. When are you going to wake up? Those two schools are competitive in the AAC and win. UCF has a huge student population and Florida is growing as well. Cinci is a great school with a huge endowment and would be a natural geographic rival for WVU. They fit into the B1g 12 footprint better than UConn does. If the Big 12 wanted UConn, and ESPN allowed it, it would have happened last year. Hopefully turn it around and become a competitive force in the AAC. Listen to AD Dave. He is correct.

Reaction Score
Yes, they pay me millions. When are you going to wake up? Those two schools are competitive in the AAC and win. UCF has a huge student population and Florida is growing as well. Cinci is a great school with a huge endowment and would be a natural geographic rival for WVU. They fit into the B1g 12 footprint better than UConn does. If the Big 12 wanted UConn, and ESPN allowed it, it would have happened last year. Hopefully turn it around and become a competitive force in the AAC. Listen to AD Dave. He is correct.
You're not fooling anyone.

Reaction Score
Okay, they don't pay me millions, just hundreds of thousands.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati sucks, it's a god damn commuter school and it's endowment is not especially large even compared to UConn. What's worse is it's rating as an under grad University, it cannot even touch UConn which is rated as a "Public Ivy" school.

.....The primary 4,400-acre (17.8 km2) campus is in Storrs, Connecticut, approximately a half hour's drive from Hartford and 90 minutes from Boston. It is a flagship university that is ranked as the best public national university in New England and is tied for No. 18 in Top Public Schools and No. 56 in National Universities in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report rankings.[5] UConn has been ranked by Money Magazine and Princeton Review top 18th in value.[6] The university is designated "R-1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity" with the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education classifying the student body as "More Selective", its most selective admissions category. The university has been recognized as a Public Ivy, defined as a select group of publicly-funded universities considered to provide a quality of education comparable to those of the Ivy League.[7][8]

Reaction Score
Listen to AD Dave. He is correct.

Yes, I agree. He said the following just the other day.......

"No. 1, first and foremost, we brought back Randy Edsall," Benedict said of the Huskies football coach. "That deserves applause. You may not see it yet ... but things are changing, things are moving in the right direction. Football is like a battleship. It doesn't turn on a dime. It's going to be slow to make progress, but I'm sure that UConn football is on the right path and we are getting better every day. Coach Edsall is everything I thought he was. He is the CEO. He pays attention to every detail of the program and college football."

Benedict asked for help, too — in rebuilding the football program and eventually turning UConn into a viable option for any conferences looking to expand. While the AAC is sufficient, the Power Five remains the destination.

"The conferences around the country, they look at how attendance is at different universities," Benedict said. "Please support us. We've got a lot of great things going on."

Edsall is entering the second year of his second stint at UConn, having previously departed after the 2010 season.

"When Randy left it, the program was in a great place," Benedict said. "Unfortunately, over the past six years when Randy was gone, the program did not maintain itself. Randy is slowly putting the pieces back. As we all know, it takes personnel and depth and we're working on that. Randy is recruiting very well. However, we are thin at some key positions."

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Mascot close to the making of the ad?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Cincinnati sucks, it's a god damn commuter school and it's endowment is not especially large even compared to UConn. What's worse is it's rating as an under grad University, it cannot even touch UConn which is rated as a "Public Ivy" school.

.....The primary 4,400-acre (17.8 km2) campus is in Storrs, Connecticut, approximately a half hour's drive from Hartford and 90 minutes from Boston.

...and 2.5 hours from NYC.

Reaction Score
A recent trip to Springfield from Manhattan took over 4 hours on a Saturday morning. I can take one hour just to get out of the City! It is possible that a trip to Storrs can be made in 2.5 hours from midtown Manhattan, but it would have to be late at night with no delays and speeding.

Reaction Score

.....The primary 4,400-acre (17.8 km2) campus is in Storrs, Connecticut, approximately a half hour's drive from Hartford and 90 minutes from Boston. It is a flagship university that is ranked as the best public national university in New England and is tied for No. 18 in Top Public Schools and No. 56 in National Universities in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report rankings.[5] UConn has been ranked by Money Magazine and Princeton Review top 18th in value.[6] The university is designated "R-1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity" with the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education classifying the student body as "More Selective", its most selective admissions category. The university has been recognized as a Public Ivy, defined as a select group of publicly-funded universities considered to provide a quality of education comparable to those of the Ivy League.[7][8]
First of all get your facts straight. The endowment of the University of Cincinnati is over 1.1 BILLION dollars. The endowment of UConn is 421 million.
Second of all, I have both undergraduate and graduate degrees from UConn. I am very proud of the academic rating.....but academics are meaningless in conference realignment as we have learned from Louisville!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
First of all get your facts straight. The endowment of the University of Cincinnati is over 1.1 BILLION dollars. The endowment of UConn is 421 million.
Second of all, I have both undergraduate and graduate degrees from UConn. I am very proud of the academic rating.....but academics are meaningless in conference realignment as we have learned from Louisville!
They were meaningless for that particular expansion, will they be for the next? Who knows. What drives expansion varies from conference to conference and from case to case within conferences.

Reaction Score

Cincy was never in the MAC. They were in the Metro and Great Midwest with Louisville, Memphis, Florida St. at one point in Metro with Va. Tech as well.

Reaction Score
No....YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT SMART@SS...a 1.1 billion endowment is not "huge" as endowments go, and is ONLY slightly more than half of UCONN'S. I'd say in 10 years UConn surpasses that.

If you want really huge endowments try Northwestern at $9 billion, Texas at $24 billion, University of Chicago at $7 billion, MIT $13 billion.

And it's not ok for me to tout UCONN's academics in CR but ok for you to call Cincinnati a "great school" and it's ok for you to throw around UCF having a huge population, like that matters more than academics in CR. I do listen to AD Dave, you should too. Jerk

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boys, boys...

Endowments and academic ratings just are not worth squabbling over.

The next CR moves will involve strength of sports brand, perceived "TV draw", fan base, and, just maybe, geography. Then, maybe academics.

Even if the B1G does not raid the Big 12 come 2024, I expect that the Big 12 will add some current G5 as members.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I expect that the Big 12 will add some current G5 as members.

I don't know...could the B12 manage to even agree which direction is up? Should they hold together and add teams, its hard to have confidence that too would not end in impasse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No....YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT SMART@SS...a 1.1 billion endowment is not "huge" as endowments go, and is ONLY slightly more than half of UCONN'S. I'd say in 10 years UConn surpasses that.

If you want really huge endowments try Northwestern at $9 billion, Texas at $24 billion, University of Chicago at $7 billion, MIT $13 billion.

And it's not ok for me to tout UCONN's academics in CR but ok for you to call Cincinnati a "great school" and it's ok for you to throw around UCF having a huge population, like that matters more than academics in CR. I do listen to AD Dave, you should too. Jerk
Population matters. That's how Rutgers got to the Big 10. The population of Florida is growing by leaps and bounds and UCF has a very large student population and is on the upswing overall. The population of CT, is pretty much stagnant. That Fairfield County is in the NYC DMA did not help UConn before. Cincinnati is a great school and their endowment is more than TWICE that of UConn. not slightly more than half of UConn's as you stated. Not only that but on the athletic field, they have surpassed UConn. They seem to be always in the fight for the top of the AAC. Not so much for UConn lately. Not only are you a bad fact checker, but you can't write or do mathematics. I am wondering also where the added money to UConn's endowment over the next ten years will come. I doubt very much that you will be donating any sizable amount, based on the logic of your posts.

Reaction Score
Population matters. That's how Rutgers got to the Big 10. The population of Florida is growing by leaps and bounds and UCF has a very large student population and is on the upswing overall. The population of CT, is pretty much stagnant. That Fairfield County is in the NYC DMA did not help UConn before. Cincinnati is a great school and their endowment is more than TWICE that of UConn. not slightly more than half of UConn's as you stated. Not only that but on the athletic field, they have surpassed UConn. They seem to be always in the fight for the top of the AAC. Not so much for UConn lately. Not only are you a bad fact checker, but you can't write or do mathematics. I am wondering also where the added money to UConn's endowment over the next ten years will come. I doubt very much that you will be donating any sizable amount, based on the logic of your posts.
I guess by all the jerk facts on Cincinnati in your dumb post, one could also call Louisville a "great school" as well. Idiot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess by all the jerk facts on Cincinnati in your dumb post, one could also call Louisville a "great school" as well. Idiot.
I don't see the analogy. You are really stretching it here and just confirming how dumb you really are. Just one more question, did you attend or heaven forbid graduate from UConn? That would certainly drag down UConn's academic rating. You really need some reality testing. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Reaction Score
I hav
Yes, I agree. He said the following just the other day..

"No. 1, first and foremost, we brought back Randy Edsall," Benedict said of the Huskies football coach. "That deserves applause. You may not see it yet ... but things are changing, things are moving in the right direction. Football is like a battleship. It doesn't turn on a dime. It's going to be slow to make progress, but I'm sure that UConn football is on the right path and we are getting better every day. Coach Edsall is everything I thought he was. He is the CEO. He pays attention to every detail of the program and college football."

Benedict asked for help, too — in rebuilding the football program and eventually turning UConn into a viable option for any conferences looking to expand. While the AAC is sufficient, the Power Five remains the destination.

"The conferences around the country, they look at how attendance is at different universities," Benedict said. "Please support us. We've got a lot of great things going on."

Edsall is entering the second year of his second stint at UConn, having previously departed after the 2010 season.

"When Randy left it, the program was in a great place," Benedict said. "Unfortunately, over the past six years when Randy was gone, the program did not maintain itself. Randy is slowly putting the pieces back. As we all know, it takes personnel and depth and we're working on that. Randy is recruiting very well. However, we are thin at some key positions."
I am not ready to give up on Uconn getting into a p5. If the FB improves, maybe attendence will too. How many people do schools like Indiana get at their games? I know, I could do the research myself. But if we get back to where we were when Edsall left, we can compete with the likes of Indiana or Duke in football. It's not a lost cause in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom