Conference Expansion Scorecard (obviously bogus but interesting) | The Boneyard

Conference Expansion Scorecard (obviously bogus but interesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Conference Realignment Scorecard.jpg

Reaction Score
I got this from a UC board. It's a bit difficult to read but interesting. Love how Houston gets 4 vetos!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
CSU having that many points is within the realm of possibility. Northern Illinois is laughable.

The whole thing is garbage. I doubt all of it. It really makes no sense at all.

Reaction Score
Colorado State is a long-shot especially if Fox demands Eastern content but they have quite a bit of support among old Big 8 school fans who are used to nice road trips to the Front Range. To say CSU "brings" the Denver or Colorado market is probably a stretch but their demographics are quite solid. Land-grant school with great research metrics, a large and growing enrollment and solid location in a growing and populated state. Fort Collins is a great city and their new stadium, although only 40,000 initially, is fantastic looking - a step above the new erector-set venues at Houston and UCF for sure. Plus CU looks vulnerable in terms of being top dog athletic department in that state...put CSU in a P5 with a bit of time and the thinking would be you can create at least a 1A/1B situation in that state. The Buffs' move to the PAC has been underwhelming to say the least.

So...with an eye to the east, I don't consider them anything more than a darkhorse but they are worth looking at for a lot of us currently in the Big 12. I have no issues dropping BYU and their Notre Dame-like demands and opting instead for CSU - which is contiguous to our current footprint to boot. Or if the Big 12 went with 4, 2 east and 2 west, you could take CSU and BYU and have a nice contiguous western reach from KS and OK through CO and UT.

Just $0.02 from a Big 12 fan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got this from a UC board. It's a bit difficult to read but interesting. Love how Houston gets 4 vetos!
UConn got one, apparently by Iowa State. Geesh, toss one mascot off the bleachers and people get all pouty.

Reaction Score
Somebody put out that bogus report from the consultants which had Northern Illinois ranked tops in almost everything. Some people have nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom