Conference Championship Week | The Boneyard

Conference Championship Week

Reaction Score
LIU taking it to Wagner at the Half 34 - 18 behind Joel Hernandez. He's really running the show and dropping some nice step-back shots.

Reaction Score
It must pain Donney Marshall to cover the Big East tourney for Fox and not have Uconn apart of it.

Reaction Score
Bucknell over Colgate by 29. Many projecting as a #14 seed. Deep and talented. A #3 seed could be in BIG trouble.

Reaction Score
So I've watched a lot less college basketball than I normally do this season and am trying to binge watch conference tournament week so that I can sound educated. My two observations so far:

1. St. Johns continues to be the most entertaining team in college basketball and their match-up with Xavier at noon tomorrow is must see TV.

2. North Carolina looks good.

Also, I'm not buying into Gonzaga. Not one bit. I don't have any idea who is on their roster and I haven't seen them play, but this is what they do. They game the system and then all of a sudden a team you had written off in December is 6th in the country and rising as we turn to March. They probably have at least a couple Australians and they probably look good at 2 AM eastern on the WCC Network but we all know that when the lights go on they will be exposed for the fraud, no-good program that they are. Mark Few is one step ahead of Tate George as far as I'm concerned with regards to ethics, I am not buying what he's selling and hope somebody nukes that program.

Reaction Score
So I've watched a lot less college basketball than I normally do this season and am trying to binge watch conference tournament week so that I can sound educated. My two observations so far:

1. St. Johns continues to be the most entertaining team in college basketball and their match-up with Xavier at noon tomorrow is must see TV.

2. North Carolina looks good.

Also, I'm not buying into Gonzaga. Not one bit. I don't have any idea who is on their roster and I haven't seen them play, but this is what they do. They game the system and then all of a sudden a team you had written off in December is 6th in the country and rising as we turn to March. They probably have at least a couple Australians and they probably look good at 2 AM eastern on the WCC Network but we all know that when the lights go on they will be exposed for the fraud, no-good program that they are. Mark Few is one step ahead of Tate George as far as I'm concerned with regards to ethics, I am not buying what he's selling and hope somebody nukes that program.
LOL

Well have you ever heard of half-truths as it relates to Zaga?

Our old friend Josh Perkins will be their ultimate demise in crunch time under the bright lights at some point in the tournament. We shall see...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL

Our old friend Josh Perkins will be their ultimate demise in crunch time under the bright lights at some point in the tournament. We shall see...

I saw them at MSG before our Cuse game, and I was shocked by the lack of control he exhibited for a senior that came so highly touted.

Reaction Score
LOL

Tillie shoots lights out. He was something like 15-17 from 3 during the conference tourney

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
i was almost 100% certain the committee was ready to do a Cincinnati vs NKU game in the first round (3 vs 14 or 4 vs 13) but now I'm feeling a game with Wright State. We're gonna lose either way.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

A+ Gonzaga melt.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mike McGuirl from Ellington/East Catholic looked real good vs KU. A lot of people here said he wasn’t good enough to play for us. He’d be our second best player.

Reaction Score
What an ending in the America East final. UMBC Retrievers hit a 3 with less than a second to win it over the heavily favored UVM Catamounts. Wow!

Reaction Score
A sold out MSG and a rock fight between Nova and Providence. It’s not the Amway Center, but...

Reaction Score
I will be honest, I wrote this in another thread and I am copying and pasting it here. But I would love to get more opinions!

I don't get what some of these little conferences have to gain by holding a tourney and risking their best team not getting in. I guess they would lose some money by not having one though. But Vermont was the only team from the american East capable of doing damage IMO.
Or at least do the smart thing, like the IVY, and hold a 4 team playoff between the top 4 teams from the conference. Or even a 3 team playoff, with a play in between 2 and 3 with the honor of facing the 1 seed the next day. Give the top teams more advantages for having a solid season, byes and double byes, or shorten the field so only the top teams even have a chance to begin with.

But wow, 6 seed NC Central made the tourney (over 1 seed Hampton)...Insane. A terrible season rewarded by a little run. Protect your top seeds more. While still giving a shot to teams who still had a good season and finished in the top 4. Besides, you could see some interesting battles between 4, 5 and 6th teams in some of these conferences too. And you still get the March environment.

Reaction Score
I guess ill pull for Providence if it means Cuse getting knocked out.

Reaction Score
Indeed it is! 1 minute left, tied at 58, awesome atmosphere. Killing the game with this delay though, ugh, lets go!

I want to see how the AAC final is tomorrow, because this is electric.

If Providence wins this they get what? A 9 seed? Maybe 10?

Reaction Score
I'd be perfectly fine with Cooley being on the short list. Team performs when the game is on the line.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What a choke job by nova

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member