Conference breakdown of remaining teams | The Boneyard

Conference breakdown of remaining teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little troubling from a recruiting standpoint to see the way things are playing out. All 4 teams in the Elite Eight are from P5 conferences, with a minimum of 6, most likely 7 after tonight. If Duke holds serve as expected, the ACC will have 3 of eight teams. I know I'll be rooting hard for Gonzaga, and really like their team in general. We already knew this, but this tournament is strong proof of where the top kids are going. I hope this year is an anomaly but the results look pretty compelling. Here's hoping UConn is in that discussion within a couple years.

Reaction Score
A little troubling from a recruiting standpoint to see the way things are playing out. All 4 teams in the Elite Eight are from P5 conferences, with a minimum of 6, most likely 7 after tonight. If Duke holds serve as expected, the ACC will have 3 of eight teams. I know I'll be rooting hard for Gonzaga, and really like their team in general. We already knew this, but this tournament is strong proof of where the top kids are going. I hope this year is an anomaly but the results look pretty compelling. Here's hoping UConn is in that discussion within a couple years.
Minimum of 6? You mean 7. Gonzaga is the only non P5 team left. There were 3 in the Sweet 16. Xavier, Wichita, and Gonzaga.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was told that conference realignment was only about football and that if we ditched football and rejoined the C7 in the Big East then all of this trouble would disappear.

How could those people have possibly been wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom