Condolences to Chris Dailey | The Boneyard

Condolences to Chris Dailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
tru2ru said:
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but Chris lost her Mom Mary on Friday. RIP Mary Dailey

Prayers for CD at this difficult time. Whenever you lose a parent, you not only feel an enormous loss but you feel much older all of a sudden.

I hope that the coming season, full of promise and equally full of opportunity to help young athletes on their new journey (each season's campaign starts over from scratch in many ways) will help her make it through. As she has said many times, each team is different - each season is different. Thus she always has a new job ahead of her, even if there is much that is familiar. I think this will be a blessing to her at this time as it will give her a much-needed source of energy and vitality, more so than if she had to report back to work after a couple of weeks at a traditional desk job and stare at the PC screen all day. (Nothing against traditional desk jobs; I have one.)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/app/obituary.aspx?n=mary-e-dailey&pid=175577437&fhid=17077

Mary returned to school later in life and graduated with honors from Middlesex County Vocational and Technical School. She enjoyed a 20 year career as a hairstylist with many devoted clients. Upon retirement, Mary enjoyed time in her garden, the Jersey Shore with her family, and the University of Connecticut women's basketball. In recent years she attended the Parker Social Program where dancing was her favorite activity. She often said that when she heard the music her feet had to move.

Memorial donations may be made to: "The Chris Dailey Endowed Scholarship Fund" at the University of Connecticut, c/o UConn Foundation, 2390 Alumni Drive Unit 3206, Storrs, CT 06269.

HGN

Reaction Score
CD , you and your Family have my Deepest Sympathy and Condolences.

Reaction Score
May she rest in peace. Blessings to Chris Daily and her family.

Reaction Score
Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Reaction Score
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but Chris lost her Mom Mary on Friday. RIP Mary Dailey
Mary Dailey, --May the road rise up to meet you and the wind be at your back, may you long be in Heaven before the Devil knows you are gone. \I've been to the funerals of way too many Daley's/Daileys/Daly/O'Daly's . The old Irish held Irish Wakes, which were parties to celebrate their loved one going to Heaven and being away from the toils and trouble of earth. True Believers!!!
God bless and forever be with Christine Dailey, her family, her team, and her mother!!

Reaction Score
Prayers for CD at this difficult time. Whenever you lose a parent, you not only feel an enormous loss but you feel much older all of a sudden.

I hope that the coming season, full of promise and equally full of opportunity to help young athletes on their new journey (each season's campaign starts over from scratch in many ways) will help her make it through. As she has said many times, each team is different - each season is different. Thus she always has a new job ahead of her, even if there is much that is familiar. I think this will be a blessing to her at this time as it will give her a much-needed source of energy and vitality, more so than if she had to report back to work after a couple of weeks at a traditional desk job and stare at the PC screen all day. (Nothing against traditional desk jobs; I have one.)

You don't realize while you have at least one parent left that psychologically without thinking you have a buffer. When that buffer is gone life changes.
I would expect Christine to dig deeply into the UConn Team and fill her mind. The loss is felt greatest at times when your mind is not fully occupied. Ignorant people think that odd--work actually is the best medicine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Always tough to lose a parent, especially a mother. My thoughts and prayer go out to Chris and her family.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Always tough to lose a parent, especially a mother. My thoughts and prayer go out to Chris and her family.

Believe me, I agree. I lost my mom about nine years ago. There are few things in this world as pure and beautiful as a mother's love.

Of course, I lost my mom when I was 28. At least CD and her mother got to enjoy each other for more than 50 years. Nevertheless, CD has my deepest sympathies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My deepest sympathy to Chris and her family. I'm sure the UConn family will support her at this difficult time. Geno is a very, very warm person.

Reaction Score
May Chris be comforted by the love of those around her, and warm memories of a wonderful lady. Mothers are a special gift.

Reaction Score
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die

Irish Prayer---I want this one read for me.

Reaction Score
Believe me, I agree. I lost my mom about nine years ago. There are few things in this world as pure and beautiful as a mother's love.

Of course, I lost my mom when I was 28. At least CD and her mother got to enjoy each other for more than 50 years. Nevertheless, CD has my deepest sympathies.

I understand your loss and sympathize. I've lost a mother, a father, and a son--1000 years isn't long enough to have been with them. Time reduces the loss, but it truly never goes away, if you loved them. Still today I have a million questions I should have asked and another million of I'm sorry for my words, that now never can be said. Hold no grudge, only tell them you love them, always welcome them , death is so final.

Reaction Score
CD: obviously, this is right up there with the worst that life can bring us. Sent a prayer for your comfort. Stay well.

Reaction Score
Chris,our thoughts and prayers are with your family.My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.Condolences.

Reaction Score
Having just lost both my mother and mother in law in the past month the pain and sadness of losing your last parent is beyond words, friends, family and work help to ease your mind. Thoughts and prayers to CD and her family.

Reaction Score
CD, you and your family, are in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Reaction Score
My deepest condolences to CD and her family. May the love surrounding you bring you some comfort, and all your fond memories eventually bring you joy.

Reaction Score
It is very hard loosing a loved one no matter what age you are, but life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom