Condolences/Congrats from a Non-UConn fan. | The Boneyard

Condolences/Congrats from a Non-UConn fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, you got jobbed. Twice Diggins mauled a UConn player in the open court....but she's the NCAAW baby, so you won't get much help or hope there.

Tiffany Hayes??? I won't say what I want to say. Geno should have sat her down for good.

The Congrats:
Dolson continues to improve/impress on offense..but on D, she slams down on blocks. A dumb style to play, useless fouls.
KML has the tools....needs the experience.
Bira: I like her game, but she needs help off the bench.
Farris/Doty: mostly get it done. Tough ladies.

The constant parade to the line by ND did you guys in, just like it did Cal in the Cal/ND matchup. It is tough to swallow, since ND is pounding people all over the floor. You can't guard the FT line.

The "big plays": the missed board at game's end, and the 'in-and-out' 3 when you guys were up 3 in OT.

Well, I know you aren't too interested in a 'non-fan'. I despise ND, moreso than ever this season because I have sensed the NCAA really wanted Diggins in the finals for her "star power", a result of her massive fan interest from last year.

Always remember: NCAA basketball is a business, not a sport.

Take care

Reaction Score
Interesting perspective. I thought some of the refs' calls were...um...interesting. It was a real shame that Tiffany, in what proved to be her last UConn game, was IMHO, somewhat out of control. The very thing that can make her do dangerous and hard to defend can turn around and bite her in the behind, and tonight it did. Bria continues to be a wonderful shooter and not a real point guard, again IMHO. Of course, I've been saying that all along. It will make a huge difference if UConn gets a true point guard and Bria can be the first-line shooting guard, which I think really is her position.

Reaction Score
Uconn will have a true point guard next year in mo Jefferson. Dynamic that's all I have to say.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Let's not anoint MoJeff as our savior just yet...Bria does an incredible job, and Moriah will be lucky to have two years to learn from her and Doty.

Thinking a frosh PG will come in and have an immediate impact is dangerous...look at Massengale and UT. Not saying they won't, but let's just hope she learns and contributes what she can.

Reaction Score
I guess that's my point. In my opinion, and that is all it is, I don't think that as a point guard, Bria does an incredible job. I think the job she's done is incredible when you consider that she is NOT a point guard. That said, wouldn't it be great to let her incredibleness blossom in her true position, shooting guard? I hope Moriah is the PG answer, but maybe she's not. That doesn't change the issue with Bria, although it's likely to extend her tenure at PG, to the team's detriment.

Reaction Score
You guys nailed it with the PG.

When Pat anointed Ariel M the "next starting PG", I cringed. Unlike many, I think post is the hardest spot to play as a true freshman. Right there, though, is PG.

The luxury UConn has is that you are SO MUCH BETTER than about anyone else, and even practice involves going up against really good players every day.

The only caveat is how some players just don't "mesh" with Geno.

I gotta admit: I'm a HUGE KML fan...ever since high school. I think she's your ace in the hole, along possibly with Stewart coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom