Conditioning | The Boneyard

Conditioning

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Walker labels conditioning as the biggest step on the road to college ball. I felt that could be the case for her, but kept my mouth shut to avoid the stoning pit. Anyway, it is a short little Channel 8 video.

UConn’s latest star freshman, Megan Walker, looking to fit in with experienced group

Was "fit in" a pun intended?
No Freudian slip! I believe she and Geno are looking for her and another Frosh or 3 to "fit in" with the starting 5,6, 7 or so. If she performs only a fraction of her HS form--she'll give the team a boost from the bench. We all speak of the "bench" Uconn shall have this year, but it isn't a "bench" until they can jump off the pines and contribute almost seamlessly.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
saying all the right things, doing all the right things. So wonderful knowing we've got 4 years to follow her maturation into greatness.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Conditioning is of course a good first step for her. Wait until she gets the "do something else to help your team" when her shots don't fall. Or the "Gee it's quiet in here" remark when she stop talking. Or sitting at the end of the dog house/bench when she hangs her head. With Geno this stuff is endless.

Reaction Score
Walker labels conditioning as the biggest step on the road to college ball. I felt that could be the case for her, but kept my mouth shut to avoid the stoning pit. Anyway, it is a short little Channel 8 video.

UConn’s latest star freshman, Megan Walker, looking to fit in with experienced group

Was "fit in" a pun intended?
You should be STONED---you just released GENO's secret weapon for all to see--Conditioning!! Geno's teams have won more of their game via Conditioning than much of any other reason.
You are allowed to choose which method of stoning that will be used---rock or the liquid kind, or we import some from Denver!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You should be STONED---you just released GENO's secret weapon for all to see--Conditioning!! Geno's teams have won more of their game via Conditioning than much of any other reason.
You are allowed to choose which method of stoning that will be used---rock or the liquid kind, or we import some from Denver!!

Very smoke smoggy here now. I could use a little stoning. :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
saying all the right things, doing all the right things. So wonderful knowing we've got 4 years to follow her maturation into greatness.
Christine Dailey Has put new frosh through her "charm " school. Poise, selective wording, positive attitude, etc.
It has worked well for Geno and company for yea these many years. Along with precise basketball this aspect of a CD/Geno team is unique. In as much as Megan Walker was following CD's lead does not take away from the basic personality of niceness that comes across in her interview.

Reaction Score
There's a clip in one of the Geno shows where he explains the difference between a good player and a great player. His take is, " great players don't get tired". Further he says, " When a good player gets tired a great player kicks her butt!". Last season a basically 7 player roster played the toughest schedule in the country for 1 loss in overtime. Conditioning pays off.

Reaction Score
There's a clip in one of the Geno shows where he explains the difference between a good player and a great player. His take is, " great players don't get tired". Further he says, " When a good player gets tired a great player kicks her butt!". Last season a basically 7 player roster played the toughest schedule in the country for 1 loss in overtime. Conditioning pays off.

Conditioning separates women from the girls in WCBB. Uconn has relied on conditioning to give Geno that tiny bit of extra needed to win some game. But even though Napheesa Collier has been called a robot--she, KLS, Gabby, Kia, Sanyia, Butler, Danger were not ROBOTS--the human body, will take a lot more than we want to give but even then--there is a limit. I prefer having a useful bench to relying on conditioning.

Reaction Score
Conditioning is of course a good first step for her. Wait until she gets the "do something else to help your team" when her shots don't fall. Or the "Gee it's quiet in here" remark when she stop talking. Or sitting at the end of the dog house/bench when she hangs her head. With Geno this stuff is endless.

The greatest truism in this thread!! Some say nothing is endless--they haven't played for Geno.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite UConn WCBB moments involved a post-game floor interview with Stewie in the immediate aftermath of a beatdown vs Notre Dame. "we didn't think they'd want to run with us," she told the interviewer...Wow, that speaks volumes. If I were Muffett or any other opposing coach, I'd be mortified to hear that. Yet the fact remains that Geno had, and continues to have, the best conditioned team in the game!! He simply demands it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One of my favorite UConn WCBB moments involved a post-game floor interview with Stewie in the immediate aftermath of a beatdown vs Notre Dame. "we didn't think they'd want to run with us," she told the interviewer...Wow, that speaks volumes. If I were Muffett or any other opposing coach, I'd be mortified to hear that. Yet the fact remains that Geno had, and continues to have, the best conditioned team in the game!! He simply demands it.

Or Stewie on SC. "We saw them getting tired" and that's when we went on our run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom