concert with walk the moon next Thursday | The Boneyard

concert with walk the moon next Thursday

Reaction Score
Semi OT but pretty wild how Walk the Moon was opening up for Muse a few years ago and now is playing "Like at Five" gigs. That's awesome OP, I'm sure there will be a ton of people there.

Reaction Score
I really like the new Alive at Five at Mill River Park compared to when it was at Columbus Park.

MRP is a way better set up for larger crowds: the sound system is so much better, there's more space both in if you want to get really close or if you want to hang in the back and there's a great variety of vendors.

My first show at the new venue was in September when Jon Batiste played there. I'm not totally into his music, but it was a fun time.

Good luck, @woodchuck68

Reaction Score
I really like the new Alive at Five at Mill River Park compared to when it was at Columbus Park.

MRP is a way better set up for larger crowds: the sound system is so much better, there's more space both in if you want to get really close or if you want to hang in the back and there's a great variety of vendors.

My first show at the new venue was in September when Jon Batiste played there. I'm not totally into his music, but it was a fun time.

Good luck, @woodchuck68
Thanks for the Intel!

BTW what's the name of your band?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the Intel!

BTW what's the name of your band?
Poor phrasing on my part. My description as an audience member, not a bandmate.

But I was in a band during my later years of high school and early years of college called Djehli [jelly]. Played bass, we did pretty well for a bunch of kids: gigged in Fairfield County, NYC, MA and PA.

In CT, we played twice at the Acoustic Cafe (Park City Music Hall now) and once at The Roxy (now the Wall Street Theater), but our "home court" was Jimmy's Seaside where we played about ten times.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

But I was in a band during my later years of high school and early years of college called Djehli [jelly]. Played bass, we did pretty well for a bunch of kids: gigged in Fairfield County, NYC, MA and PA.

In CT, we played twice at the Acoustic Cafe (Park City Music Hall now) and once at The Roxy (now the Wall Street Theater), but our "home court" was Jimmy's Seaside where we played about ten times.
Should have called it Guava Djehli

Reaction Score

Ahhhh. Cool! Thought I saw you were playing in Waterbury recently.

I grew up in shippan around the corner from Jimmy's. My older bro worked the door there back in the day.

My college band did well at shenanigans for years and also played once at the venue now known as wst.

Small world.

Reaction Score
Connecticut and Westchester County friends. NEXT Thursday, July 28 at Mill River Park in Stamford, my band Chapell will be opening for Walk the Moon as part of the Alive at Five series.

Doors at 5pm. Tix: X Ambassadors/ Walk The Moon/ T.I. at Alive At Five

Music: Chapell
Listening now. I live in Stamford and love finding new music to listen to. Last year Kids that Fly opened for Third Eyed Blind at Alive at Five and were amazing. They all recently graduated from UConn (I think 2019-2020 ish) and are starting to blow up! Highly suggest giving them a listen on spotify.

Reaction Score
Listening now. I live in Stamford and love finding new music to listen to. Last year Kids that Fly opened for Third Eyed Blind at Alive at Five and were amazing. They all recently graduated from UConn (I think 2019-2020 ish) and are starting to blow up! Highly suggest giving them a listen on spotify.

Yeah, KTF are great. Thanks for turning me onto them. Nice to see a Uconn / CT band start to make it big.

Reaction Score
If anyone was on the fence about going tickets are buy one get one free until tomorrow night (27th)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I grew up in shippan around the corner from Jimmy's. My older bro worked the door there back in the day.

Small world.
Grew up in the Cove. I remember when it was the Three Gables. In the mid-late 70's I was able to get served there at 16 & 17 years old (drinking age was 18 then).

At that time or was your typical neighborhood bar (similar to Archie Bunker's place). You could get a six ounce draft (some swill like Reingold) for 40 cents.

Reaction Score
Grew up in the Cove. I remember when it was the Three Gables. In the mid-late 70's I was able to get served there at 16 & 17 years old (drinking age was 18 then).

At that time or was your typical neighborhood bar (similar to Archie Bunker's place). You could get a six ounce draft (some swill like Reingold) for 40 cents.

The concert tomorrow was cancelled due to Covid within the Walk the Moon team.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Some pretty good bands at Alive at Five these days. Last time I was there, the top summer draws were Sugar Ray and before that, Boys II Men.

Reaction Score
Some pretty good bands at Alive at Five these days. Last time I was there, the top summer draws were Sugar Ray and before that, Boys II Men.
Theyve had great hands for years. Seen hootie and the blowfish, blues traveler, etc. Back like 15 years ago, it was free and you could bring a cooler in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom