Completely overlooked, just the way we like it | The Boneyard

Completely overlooked, just the way we like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pleasssssse have the target (#1) Maryland when we see you in December. Pleaaaasssse

Reaction Score
When will they learn that we're at our best when overlooked

Reaction Score
Forget about us, there is only one AAC team listed!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd rather be Top 5 wire to wire and in the national championship conversation from November through April, but maybe that's just me.

Yep, it always seems harder to move up in the rankings than it is to fall down. Unless you are Duke/UK.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
If it makes you happy, great, better than being offended by it.

But it doesn't matter. We have every opportunity to make a huge splash before conference play starts, and if we play as well as I think we will, what was said about us now will be ancient history.

Reaction Score
Ern is absolutely right being unranked, is like being banished.
You have to actually hunt for a result. Your visibility is diminished as you are not part of the anointed few. Your loss in national identity is huge.
That certainly doesn't help recruiting and feeds into the Irrelevant narrative
The higher your ranked the greater the margin for sub par games.
JC new the game well.
Where I disagree with Ern is I believe There seems to be some intent on under rating us.
How ESPN benefits from an irrelevant UConn is beyond my comprehension unless they want to keep us in the AAC,with all our rights going to them.
Rather than conference were that would actually have to compensate us..

Reaction Score
I'm not offended by it. We have a few question marks. How will Gibbs and Miller integrate with the rest of the team? Will Dham, Purv and Amida all improve? How will Enoch look? Is Adams that good as an incoming freshman? If half of those work in our favor i think we can still be in the national championship hunt come march. If all of these guys have improved, and our additions are that great, we'll prove ourselves and force them to talk about us.

Yea it would be nice to be #1 preseason, but i'm excited about our prospects of winning a chip, not being a top 25 team on espns or any other list.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't like it. Being in the AAC puts us behind enough as it is, but not being hyped every year absolutely has an effect on recruiting.

Reaction Score
Even though we have top 10 talent we definitely have some question marks. How good will we be upfront with AB and a bunch of newcomers. Who will lead the team? DHAM or RP? Will SG or JA be able to handle to the PG duties for us? Definite question marks but for us not to be in the top 25 is a travesty. Well as long as we are number one at the end of the year is all that matters. GO UCONN!!!!

Reaction Score
The only good thing about this poll is that this guy's opinion doesn't mean . Most polls seem to have us in the early 20's/late teens which I think is entirely fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom