Completely OT: ATL to CT | The Boneyard

Completely OT: ATL to CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In early May, I will be making my final trek back from Atlanta to Connecticut. We have always taken the route up through SC, NC, VA, MD (don't blink or you'll miss it), WV, PA, NJ, NY and CT.

When I was trying to figure out a good place to stop for the night, I noticed an alternate path that only adds 30 minutes to the trip but would take us up through TN - through Knoxville, to be exact.

Anyone familiar with that drive? Is it pretty? I have seen the whole Charlotte area so many times, it might be worthwhile to spend a little more time seeing countryside I haven't seen before.

And even if we were to pass by UT and their famous body farm, I have no sense of smell so it won't bother me. My son? He'll probably be asleep so he won't care. And I will have to drive fast, lest the LV fanatics spot the CT plates.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Have you ever enjoyed the leisure of the Skyline Drive?

Reaction Score
Have you ever enjoyed the leisure of the Skyline Drive?
No, but we don't really have a lot of leisure time. He graduates on Saturday 5/4, he and I will drive his car home Sunday and Monday, then the two of us fly out on Saturday to CA to find him an apartment, furnishings, etc., before he starts work on 5/20. He only has 4 days at home and he will want to see his friends and extended family before leaving. We won't be able to leave ATL on Sunday until about noon because we have to take my husband and his 91 year old mother to the airport. We can absorb a half hour more, maybe even an hour. But that is about it.

Maybe someday I will take my own trip where I can really take my time and do the scenic routes. I would really enjoy that.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, but we don't really have a lot of leisure time. He graduates on Saturday 5/4, he and I will drive his car home Sunday and Monday, then the two of us fly out on Saturday to CA to find him an apartment, furnishings, etc., before he starts work on 5/20. He only has 4 days at home and he will want to see his friends and extended family before leaving. We won't be able to leave ATL on Sunday until about noon because we have to take my husband and his 91 year old mother to the airport. We can absorb a half hour more, maybe even an hour. But that is about it.

Maybe someday I will take my own trip where I can really take my time and do the scenic routes. I would really enjoy that.
It is a great ride. It won't add a ton of time because it is only 105 miles long. Skyline Drive

Reaction Score
If you do go thru TN and stop to eat, I recommend option 1.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
You should consider stopping to visit the Women's basketball hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom