Commit Arkeel Newsome named to 50th Annual Parade All-American team | The Boneyard

Commit Arkeel Newsome named to 50th Annual Parade All-American team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.gametimect.com/arkeel-newsome-named-50th-annual-parade-american-team/

>>Ansonia tailback Arkeel Newsome has been selected to the prestigious Parade All-American high school football team.

Newsome, Connecticut’s all-time rushing leader, is one of 57 Parade All-Americans. He was honored alongside fellow team members MVP Will Grier of Davidson Day School (N.C.) and Jabrill Peppers of Paramus Catholic (N.J.) at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Luncheon in New York City Friday.

Newsome ran for 3,867 yards on 333 carries and scored 68 total touchdowns. For his career, he ran 943 times for 10,685 yards and 187 total touchdowns.

He is the ninth player in American high school football history to go over 10,000 yards for his career. His 187 total touchdowns rank third all-time. Ansonia won three straight state championships and 43 consecutive games.

Newsome was the team MVP for the Walter Camp Connecticut All-State team, the New Haven Register All-State team and was a first-team selection for the CHSCA All-State team. He was also named to MaxPreps’ Small School All-American team with Grier.<<

FWIW - Grier is an early enrollee @ Florida and Peppers is committed to Michigan.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Congrats Arkeel! Well deserved recognition. Can't wait to see this guy at the Rent!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Is it the general consensus that this kid is getting the ball as a true frosh? I don't know how common that is or if we can expect him to be an instant impact with the players in our backfield currently.

Reaction Score
Is it the general consensus that this kid is getting the ball as a true frosh? I don't know how common that is or if we can expect him to be an instant impact with the players in our backfield currently.

I don't see him FT in backfield as a frosh - maybe as a contributor on the return game but my sense is he gets some RS time. Never say never tho...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't see him FT in backfield as a frosh - maybe as a contributor on the return game but my sense is he gets some RS time. Never say never tho...

Our kick off return needs dramatic improvement. It would be a great place to start. If he can been effective on KRs, then I think he starts there - this year. Can wait on being explosive, must win now....

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I haven't seen him play....but....if he is considered good enough to be a Parade AA (and his stats are insane)....then I think there is no way he redshirts. Running backs have a short career....I am sure one of the advantages of going to UConn is getting playing time immediately. I think he will have significant playing time next year...and not just on special teams.

Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to do the research, but wasn't Jarrell Miller a Parade AA? I could certainly be wrong about that...

You're right - forgot about him (tunnel visioned in on CT kids)... he left before ever playing a down.

Figured someone would say AH was technically since he committed but then de-committed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huge accolades for a CT kid. Glad he is (as of now) sticking with his commitment to play for UConn

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You're right - forgot about him (tunnel visioned in on CT kids)... he left before ever playing a down.

Figured someone would say AH was technically since he committed but then de-committed.

Now that I'm thinking about it, was Zach Frazer one also? I'm always lost on his high school history since he transferred in from ND...

Reaction Score
Did you notice the last entry in the link you just provided me??? Looks like we have another one... ;)

Fluck - Lemelle... damn multi-tasking. Uncle.

fail.jpg

Reaction Score
As much as it pains me to admit this, P did a great job of wrapping this kid up early and keeping him in the fold. His numbers are unreal and I don't care what state he plays in. I would be very surprised if he was not being pursued by lots of big programs. And please, Rivals/Scout do not get that stuff right a lot of the time.

Reaction Score
As a freshman I would not use him on kick returns but would let him get his feet wet on carries from scrimmage first. I'd want him to focus on the area that we recruited him for and see how that pans out before throwing him into the kick return game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Breathe 97' breathe lol really?! Hey we're on the way up !

I hope that nobody took my post as me getting "testy"! I was looking through the names in the past that Pennsylvania has produced (a pretty impressive list), and then the last name just popped out at me. It was like...BAMM!!! Alright, now where did my oxygen tank go??? :eek:

Reaction Score
I believe Edwin Esson RB from Seymour may have been a parade all american back in the 70's.

Looking forward to next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate