Commit #12 | The Boneyard

Commit #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
@UConnFootball tweeted this morning that we got a surprise commit that is "just peachy"

Any ideas on who it could be?

Reaction Score
Doesn't say it's a commit, but there are 12 paws.... Maybe someone from Georgia?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agree with @FDNY99 and @Pudge I think it will be Shireffs from NC State. He's from GA so the "peachy" comment makes sense. He said that he would be making a decision today so it makes even more sense.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The @UConnFootball tweet also said it would be throwing out a surprise so my money is on Bryant Shirreffs as well.

Reaction Score
If this is a transfer QB, that says that Diaco was not impressed with what he saw at QB in spring practice. Which surprises me a little since we have three guys with experience and one in the incoming 2015 class.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If this is a transfer QB, that says that Diaco was not impressed with what he saw at QB in spring practice. Which surprises me a little since we have three guys with experience and one in the incoming 2015 class.
That doesn't make much sense since a transfer from a FBS school is likely required to sit out a year. Choices for 2014 are still Cochran, Whitmer, and Boyle (who hopefully Redshirts).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
stellar new coach has a more critical eye due to 3 losing campaigns & current 3 game win streak vs less than stellar opponents

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'm all for competition. If Coach Diaco/Cummings think Shirreffs can come in and be successful, then bring him in! Good size and had some good offers/interest out of high school. By the time Shirreffs' redshirt year is over, Whitmer will have graduated. Rebuilds depth at QB.

Reaction Score
On the contrary...If taylor had stayed that would have given us 4 scholarship qb's. He left, now we are down to 3..with Whitmer finishing up that would leave us with 3 next year (Boyle, Cochran, and in-coming Freshman Tyler Davis). Adding Sherrif gives us 4 scholarship Qb's next season, and if they do redshirt Boyle this year it will leave Cochran as a Jr, Boyle and Sherrif as Soph's and allow Davis to redshirt. I like the move in terms of roster depth..as we all know what has happened to this program in the past due to lack of QB depth.

Reaction Score

It has nothing to do with what Diaco thinks of our current QB's. It has to do with CC and Boyle being the only QB's with experience come 2015. Just replacing depth.

Reaction Score
This is the first head scratcher to me. The only thing I can think of is BD does not like a short QB and he wants to add depth. Based on what Cochran did last year at the end and with Boyle being a prototypical talented QB I'm just not seeing what this about.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This is the first head scratcher to me. The only thing I can think of is BD does not like a short QB and he wants to add depth. Based on what Cochran did last year at the end and with Boyle being a prototypical talented QB I'm just not seeing what this about.

QB depth. If the rumors about Cochran are true (does not practice well but plays better in games), you can understand why Diaco would want to add depth. Davis is a big kid with excellent tools. Shirreffs is also big with excellent tools. This would give the roster needed depth after losing Taylor and McCummings and Whitmer graduates after this season. Cochran, Boyle, Shirreffs and Davis on the 2015 depth chart so Davis can redshirt comfortably.

Reaction Score
All depends on what is done with Boyle, they both will be on year 2 of potentially 5.

Reaction Score
I think this is partly about depth and partly about just trying to continue to upgrade the position. We were a little out of synch at quarterback with Taylor leaving, Whitmer a senior and Cochran and Boyle both having played last year. Davis won't be ready for at least a year as a true frosh. So this gives depth and potentially a starter based on the level of interest he had coming out of high school. It is at least comparable to bringing in another JUCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom