Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Another Jersey kid. No confusion about where Diaco is concentrating. Welcome aboard, Mr. Robinson!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup. He's got some size too. Hudl video looks good on both sides of the ball. Good ball skills and good speed in the open field.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, John!!!

Reaction Score
Diaco is on a roll. Now we might be able to forget Edsall and PP/GDL forever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Definitely looks like they are trying to get as much recruiting out of the way before camp starts in 5 weeks. Then they can concentrate on the current team.

They appear to be getting kids who are willing to commit right now rather than chase after more sought after players.

I'm a firm believer that a mediocre plan that is executed to a "T" with all levels of the organization buying in will beat a great plan that isn't followed or doesn't have buy in.

It looks like the staff has a plan and they are executing it.

Very positive signs.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Getting kids that want to be huskies.
Can feel the corner UCONN is turning.

Great job by the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I complain about people making dumb predictions with no basis a fair amount but with sudden upturn in Jersey recruiting could it be possible the coaching staff has intel we'll be playing their beloved RU yearly?

The answer is no, it is not possible.

Reaction Score
I don't care if these kids have other offers or not. If we offered them this early in the process that means we really wanted them. The difference between Diaco's staff and Edsall's staff is that in the past most or all of these kids would have waited around to see how their recruiting developed. With the new staff they are committing. Edsall's staff uncovered talent, most of the time we were a kids first offer. Kids would keep us in their top 5 because we were first but most of the time we lost them.

I could care less about the star rankings of these kids. I've watched the tapes and they are all impressive. I'm loving this class. Can't wait to see what these kids look like after 3 years in our S&C program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't care if these kids have other offers or not. If we offered them this early in the process that means we really wanted them. The difference between Diaco's staff and Edsall's staff is that in the past most or all of these kids would have waited around to see how their recruiting developed. With the new staff they are committing. Edsall's staff uncovered talent, most of the time we were a kids first offer. Kids would keep us in their top 5 because we were first but most of the time we lost them.

I could care less about the star rankings of these kids. I've watched the tapes and they are all impressive. I'm loving this class. Can't wait to see what these kids look like after 3 years in our S&C program.

True but these are just verbals, until they sign anything goes.

Reaction Score
True but these are just verbals, until they sign anything goes.
True, but I think there is a difference here. These recruits are recruiting each other and it will be a more difficult decision to back-out and let the others down.

Reaction Score
True, but I think there is a difference here. These recruits are recruiting each other and it will be a more difficult decision to back-out and let the others down.

Dick Lagow did the same thing until he decided Uconn wasn't the place for him.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
These kids have all gone through camp at UConn. I am going to make a guess that a bunch of BCS coaches doing in-person evaluations of kids after watching these kids on tape and in person probably have a pretty good feel for their level of talent. It's nice to get kids with multiple P5 offers, but our program got railroaded by PPGDL in addition to G5 relegation. Won't be surprised to see several of our commits get looks from P5 schools. Some may not just because they are an early, solid commit.

Reaction Score

What he said ^

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Dick Lagow did the same thing until he decided Uconn wasn't the place for him.

True, but Lagow, rightly or wrongly, felt that he was lied to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you think someone is going to pass up a schloarship to a major football school because of what they said on twitter I don't know what to say other than... really?

Reaction Score
If you think someone is going to pass up a schloarship to a major football school because of what they said on twitter I don't know what to say other than... really?

I think what is going on here is more than saying something on Twitter. These guys have been talking to each other and helping other recruits to decide to commit to UCONN and seem to view themselves as the first wave that will improve the quality of UConn football. Also, the overall level of integrity seems quite high and I think they would would think twice about braeaking their word both to UCONN and more importantly to each other. No guarantees, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom