Commercial-free "all access": Creighton @ Seton Hall, 7p ET on FS2 | The Boneyard

Commercial-free "all access": Creighton @ Seton Hall, 7p ET on FS2

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Creighton at Seton Hall, 7pm ET, on FS2

They did this last year with (IIRC) Seton Hall-St. John's, and it was kinda cool. As long as you don't mind hearing the Seton Hall coach screaming almost constantly.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It must be nice to be the commentators on a game like this. Lisa Byington and LaChina Robinson hardly need to say anything because the coaches are mic'd up at all times.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Plebe-thanks for pointing out that I started a duplicate thread. I deleted it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plebe-thanks for pointing out that I started a duplicate thread. I deleted it.
All good :) When that happens you can also ask the mods to merge the threads so that your comments aren't lost.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
All good :) When that happens you can also ask the mods to merge the threads so that your comments aren't lost.
Your thread title and comments were way better than mine

Plebe

Reaction Score
Unfortunately they're having technical difficulties and so now they're showing the Butler-Xavier men's game (a good game btw).

It's fun for me to watch the all-access format because it kinda reminds of my playing days in high school. Bozella of Seton Hall reminds me (unfortunately) of my coach on the freshman team. Constantly yelling and constantly working the refs. Only my coach was a lot worse than he is.

Reaction Score
I hope they get that figured out.........SH has a pretty good team that I saw almost upset UCLA a few weeks ago in South Orange..........they slugged it out down to the last three minutes before the Bruins just wore them out...........

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Would love to see this for a Husky game or a Baylor game, Kim might prove to be hilarious.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I hope they get that figured out....SH has a pretty good team that I saw almost upset UCLA a few weeks ago in South Orange.....they slugged it out down to the last three minutes before the Bruins just wore them out......
Difficulties fixed. It's halftime. Very interesting coaching styles.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Difficulties fixed. It's halftime. Very interesting coaching styles.
Watching these halftime huddles is really fascinating stuff.

That visitors' locker room is so dang tiny, geezus. I've seen broom closets bigger than that.

I really like Jim Flanery. I think he's done a great job at Creighton, elevating their program and coaching up his players.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Watching these halftime huddles is really fascinating stuff.

That visitors' locker room is so dang tiny, geezus. I've seen broom closets bigger than that.

I really like Jim Flanery. I think he's done a great job at Creighton, elevating their program and coaching up his players.
Agreed.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This is the most irritating broadcast I have ever witnessed. I don't tune in to watch and listen to coaches. The game should be the focal point. How many of you go to a game to watch the coaches? If all games go to this then I will stop watching. If people want to watch the coaches they can see them long distance each time the ball goes from one end of the court to the other. Just my opinion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope they get that figured out....SH has a pretty good team that I saw almost upset UCLA a few weeks ago in South Orange.....they slugged it out down to the last three minutes before the Bruins just wore them out......
Seton Hall got a major boost with the acquisition of graduate transfer Donnaizha Fountain from Temple. (And btw Temple is missing her terribly this year.) I believe that she is leading the Pirates in both scoring and rebounding.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is the most irritating broadcast I have ever witnessed. I don't tune in to watch and listen to coaches. The game should be the focal point. How many of you go to a game to watch the coaches? If all games go to this then I will stop watching. If people want to watch the coaches they can see them long distance each time the ball goes from one end of the court to the other. Just my opinion.
Depends on who the coaches are. If it's Geno or Mulkey, I'd love to hear every word.

It's not going to be a major trend. It's a nice novelty to draw viewers to an otherwise not-so-high-profile game. It's not like Fox Sports has anything to lose. How many viewers were going to tune in to Seton Hall-Creighton otherwise?

Reaction Score
Seton Hall got a major boost with the acquisition of graduate transfer Donnaizha Fountain from Temple. (And btw Temple is missing her terribly this year.) I believe that she is leading the Pirates in both scoring and rebounding.

yes Fountain was really good in the UCLA game.........SH has an athletic team and the play a pretty fast paced style........... at least they did against UCLA.........

Plebe

Reaction Score
yes Fountain was really good in the UCLA game....SH has an athletic team and the play a pretty fast paced style...... at least they did against UCLA....
I have barely watched SH this year but that's what I've gathered. I can only imagine that the UCLA game was fast-paced on both sides. Creighton in this game has done a really good job of slowing down the game and controlling the tempo. They lead 45-34 at end of 3Q.

Reaction Score
I have barely watched SH this year but that's what I've gathered. I can only imagine that the UCLA game was fast-paced on both sides. Creighton in this game has done a really good job of slowing down the game and controlling the tempo. They lead 45-34 at end of 3Q.

In the UCLA game Jordan Canada was actually outscored by SH's backup point guard..........it was a bit of a track meet..............

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the UCLA game Jordan Canada was actually outscored by SH's backup point guard.....it was a bit of a track meet....
I just peeked at the box score. I see Jimenez came off the bench and shot 6 of 7 including three 3-pointers.

Canada only had 11 points but dished 10 assists, which was 2 more than Seton Hall had as a team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Depends on who the coaches are. If it's Geno or Mulkey, I'd love to hear every word.

It's not going to be a major trend. It's a nice novelty to draw viewers to an otherwise not-so-high-profile game. It's not like Fox Sports has anything to lose. How many viewers were going to tune in to Seton Hall-Creighton otherwise?
I don't think most viewers knew it would be like that. I know I did not. Unless it is a contract issue, why televise the game if they have to do that for interest? But what do I know?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I believe that Fox Sports has the contract to show Big East games, both men's and women's. So I am guessing that they were contractually obligated to televise this game.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score

Agreed, very difficult to follow. Everybody yelling at once. I had to turn off the sound.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Creighton put on a clinic of fundamentals in the second half to pull away for a double-digits win over Seton Hall.

This Creighton team could challenge for the Big East title. They had Florida State on the ropes in December, and last week they beat then-unbeaten Villanova, who appeared to have the pole position as conference favorite but has since faltered.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Keeping it in the Big East, Villanova lost again. THis time to Butler (9-5) at home 76-53. Nova has lost 2 out its last 3.

Reaction Score

or Dawn Staley. LOL!

Reaction Score

I thought it was great! An inside look at the coaches individual coaching styles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom