Comment yesterday from John A. | The Boneyard

Comment yesterday from John A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
jaltavilla John Altavilla

Geno says he went a little nuts on the team in the locker room at the halftime. "I don't do that very much anymore."

Judging from the team's performance in the 2nd half perhaps he needs to re-think the 'new' approach.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
That's a little surprising to me. I thought they played pretty well in the first half, certainly much better than at Ville. In any case it worked, as the second half was terrific.

Maybe Geno is ratcheting up the expectations, as though he has decided this team is capable of very good things in the post season. As in VERY good things.

Reaction Score
As much as Geno is always looking to play the perfect game, they did play pretty well in the 1st half, maybe Geno wanted to put it to Gtown?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What game were you watching? UConn was 2 for 14 from the arc in the first half. As late as 8:44 left, it was 13-12. Not much output for over 11 minutes of basketball. 1st half 8 assists to 9 turnovers. that's an A/T ratio of less than 1.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
CD said the coaches were extremely happy with the defense but thought the team was very tentative on offense. Said ALL of KML's 1st half shots came from the same area of the floor... she wasn't moving. They wanted them to be much more aggressive and I'm sure this was the 'message' Geno conveyed at halftime.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
jaltavilla John Altavilla

Geno says he went a little nuts on the team in the locker room at the halftime. "I don't do that very much anymore."

Judging from the team's performance in the 2nd half perhaps he needs to re-think the 'new' approach.

:) In the past, when the Huskies looked awful or weak in the first half, I've always assumed that Geno went into the locker room and said something that inspired the girls in the second half. I'm a little surprised that he hasn't felt the need to do that as much in recent times. But after the results yesterday, let's hope it becomes a regular practice (but, obviously, only when necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom