Comcast/DirecTv | The Boneyard

Comcast/DirecTv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today I'm going to drop a large box of cable boxes and remotes at Comcast as I cancel my tv and phone service with them. It's going to feel good. Been paying my ever increasing bill with them forever as I constantly have to renegotiate "haggle" my "packages" with them when the term runs out and the bill goes up by $50. They always offer to cut channels to keep the bill the same! I always think that there are many people who probably don't pay attention and just keep paying whatever they bill. The final straw was when they didn't carry AXS and dropped the YES network. They got our game on and they will get YES prob before next baseball season I know. I own 4 tvs. To keep my Comcast bill down I had 1 good dvr that records, 1 box that showed all of my channels, and 2 mini boxes that did not get premiums or many channels that I pay for. In fact one of them caused the audio to be in Spanish on a couple of channels. 4 "good" dvrs would cost 500 per year to rent. That's $15,000 over 30 years just to play the channels you pay for. The Vonage that I hooked up in 1 minute for my land line phone service runs perfect. I will keep Comcast Internet for $39/mo.
Since the DirecTv hookup yesterday I now have "good" boxes on all 4 tvs that do everything. Even when the intro special runs out it will cost about the same as Comcast and maybe I go back in 2 years. The reason I bring this up is that maybe some of you out there have the same experience and have been having the same issues and arguments with Comcast, and not wanting to go to the trouble of changing things, it's easier just to keep things the same. It took the guy just 2 hours to put up a dish and hook things up and the picture is amazing on all tvs, the remotes easy. maybe I will feel the same way about DirecTv down the road but it sure feels good to kick Comcast in the teeth. IMO they need to know that they don't have you by the you know whats.

Reaction Score
I have lived in my house 10 years. Moved in had Comcast installed. Price got too high switched to Directv. After a few years they got to high switched to Thames Valley Cable. And again they raised their price back to Comcast. Now after two years they jacked up their price again called them up and said if you can give me the price I was paying I will stay. They wouldn't even talk to me so I'm back at Directv. They're all the same but it does seem Comcast is the most arrogant. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom