Column: Will UConn women’s basketball reign again this season? | The Boneyard

Column: Will UConn women’s basketball reign again this season?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Can Mariana Dominguez be taken seriously when she thinks UCONN has a promising freshman name Olivia Nelson-Adoda? :rolleyes:;)

"A big determinant in UConn’s success this season will be their competition. The team will have some heavy competition in the regular season this year. They will be playing Ohio State, Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville and South Carolina. Mississippi State will also be an important team to watch from afar in case the Huskies see them come tournament time. Head coach Vic Schaefer has created a culture of winning for the Bulldogs. They are not afraid of UConn."

"UConn is vulnerable this year because they have shown that they are no longer invincible. It will take teamwork and a blind eye to nay-sayers for the team to bounce back to championship glory."

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Can Mariana Dominguez be taken seriously when she thinks UCONN has a promising freshman name Olivia Nelson-Adoda? :rolleyes:;)

"A big determinant in UConn’s success this season will be their competition. The team will have some heavy competition in the regular season this year. They will be playing Ohio State, Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville and South Carolina. Mississippi State will also be an important team to watch from afar in case the Huskies see them come tournament time. Head coach Vic Schaefer has created a culture of winning for the Bulldogs. They are not afraid of UConn."

"UConn is vulnerable this year because they have shown that they are no longer invincible. It will take teamwork and a blind eye to nay-sayers for the team to bounce back to championship glory."

Ohio State and South Carolina are "heavy competition"? What?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Who wrote this? Some HS kid?

It appears that this publication is UConn's student newspaper. So...some college kid?

I was an editor for the sports section of my college newspaper for a time. The quality of work...varied. I went from having zero experience to being an editor very quickly simply by showing up and doing competent work. Some of the pieces our writers would submit were almost unusable. I would have to rewrite the whole article for them. Most of my best work went under someone else's byline.

One of the editors that preceded me went on to work for the Cubs and and another for the Blackhawks. So it's a total mixed bag.

In general, I find I can't bear to read any WBB articles from student newspapers. Maybe they do a better job on other sports.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I was an editor for the sports section of my college newspaper for a time. The quality of work...varied. ... Some of the pieces our writers would submit were almost unusable. I would have to rewrite the whole article for them. Most of my best work went under someone else's byline.

ain't only student newspapers ... same applies to some supposedly 'professional' reporters ... thank god for competent copy editors -- when they're employed

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, I've seen Liv called Nelson-Adoba here, so this isn't any worse. But ONO yields the first initials. We're trying to make it easy for folks. Just call her "Liv."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't know how to spell it either, but since she is usually referred to as ONO, I'm guessing the last part of her name starts with the letter O rather than A? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom