Column about F4 - Info about Pulido | The Boneyard

Column about F4 - Info about Pulido

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is some the best writing I have every read from of sports writer. The words, the phrasing are magnificent. Truly Greenberg still has the touch of the lost art of writing.

He gets what its all about.

Thank you Mel!

Reaction Score
Did Coach P write that? Also I don't think an Olympian fed her the ball for the final shot.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The author was Mike Siroky. A long time WCBB writer that usually covers the SEC.

Reaction Score
Reminded me of the famous SI article "Day of Light and Shadows" written by Jonathan Schwartz about the sudden death playoff game between the Red Sox and Yankees. Any of you Boneyarders remember this ?

Reaction Score
However, didn't Chong feed Polly for the "shot"? just sayin:)

There's some artistic license going on in the narrative. For the record, Polly is already in the game and T is the last minute substitute. Saniya Chong, not future Canadian Olympian Kia Nurse, steals the ball at the other end, and dribbles up court.

The author does document the coach's orchestration: he gestures, the principals respond. Natalie sets a screen, Pulida flashes to the corner, Chong splits a double team then lobs, Pulida swishes. The writing is affectionate.

Reaction Score
I was going to mention that Pulido had shrunk from 5'7" to 5'4", but I did not want to open another can of worms.
The worms say Bria is 5'9".

Reaction Score
Such a beautiful piece. I wish I could find contact info to ask him to correct a few items to make it as nearly perfect as the season was.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The author was Mike Siroky. A long time WCBB writer that usually covers the SEC.
That is a little confusing to me - I know Mel was there because he asked a question at one of the press conferences and there is his signature at the bottom but clearly Mikes at the top. It reminds me more of Mel's style. I have not seen a word that Mel has written pretty much since the lists he provided on the history of the women's poll.

Reaction Score
I stopped reading about halfway down. Every sentence being a separate paragraph was getting annoying. Give me the Horde instead.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I stopped reading about halfway down. Every sentence being a separate paragraph was getting annoying. Give me the Horde instead.
The second half is much better! Worth going back to it for the Briana bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom