Colt Brennan Dead At 37 | The Boneyard

Colt Brennan Dead At 37

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
RIP to a true college football legend. That 07 Hawaii team will live forever:

Reaction Score
That offense led by Brennan was insane and so fun to watch.

He battled addiction for a while - hate to see this. Way too young.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Just awful.

Reaction Score
Sadly people being turned away because of lack of beds is common. We need to do better as a country when it comes to addressing addiction and mental health. Sorry if I politicized this I can delete. Just hate seeing it, makes me sad and angry.
Too much going on in today's world. Too may options, too many choices, and some people are overwhelmed by it all.

A strong family helps, good grounding and discipline helps, but too many people seem to need affirmation on social media.

There was a 15 year old foreign exchange student in South Hadley, MA, about ten years ago who committed suicide because the "mean girls" in town didn't like the attention being given her by the stud boys. There was a campaign against her on social media and she didn't have the support system she needed.

Reaction Score
36,000 deaths in 2019 from synthetic opioids. Talk about polluting our communities with poison.

Reaction Score
Sadly people being turned away because of lack of beds is common. We need to do better as a country when it comes to addressing addiction and mental health. Sorry if I politicized this I can delete. Just hate seeing it, makes me sad and angry.
It's so aggravating that people get turned away for something so stupid as not enough beds. I'm going to get a bit personal here, but when I ODed on fentanyl laced stuff, I tried to get into treatment the following week. I was told that it was not medically needed for me to be admitted to residential. And was told this by several treatment centers. I was so furious and hurt. Basically I was told unless I was drinking or using opiates heavily, I couldn't get residential. Fortunately, I found one in California eventually took me and haven't touched anything since.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
36,000 deaths in 2019 from synthetic opioids. Talk about polluting our communities with poison.
This is our true national health crisis and while we have limited means to push back on this internationally, there is no doubt in my mind that this flow of opioid "products" is all part of the doing of our international rivals sowing the seeds of chaos. Opioids + perpetual social media upheaval are the easy two levers to pull to undermine our nation.

Reaction Score
This is our true national health crisis and while we have limited means to push back on this internationally, there is no doubt in my mind that this flow of opioid "products" is all part of the doing of our international rivals sowing the seeds of chaos. Opioids + perpetual social media upheaval are the easy two levers to pull to undermine our nation.
Most of it is coming out of labs in China. They are a major problem for the world on many fronts. Mexico is also a manufacturing source but getting precursors and assistance. China and the cartels are an unholy alliance leveraging the global supply chain networks to literally wage a drug war on our communities. Allowing China to control the Panama Canal was a massive geopolitical failure. That is the easy entry, storage and offloading point to the US back door. We better wake up.

Reaction Score
It's so aggravating that people get turned away for something so stupid as not enough beds. I'm going to get a bit personal here, but when I ODed on fentanyl laced stuff, I tried to get into treatment the following week. I was told that it was not medically needed for me to be admitted to residential. And was told this by several treatment centers. I was so furious and hurt. Basically I was told unless I was drinking or using opiates heavily, I couldn't get residential. Fortunately, I found one in California eventually took me and haven't touched anything since.
Congrats on your sobriety. An anonymous message board is the perfect place to be open. You get some anonymity, but it gives some personal connection to others that may be struggling or are judgmental of those that are.

My step brother had some issues with weed (I'm not comparing it to opioids nor trying to open a conversation into legalizing) and alcohol. Because he got caught selling a small amount they made him go to rehab as part of his plea. My father/step mother put him in a place in FL because they had a house near there and wanted to get him away from his friends. The place was not cheap and had decent reviews. It was brutal. Basically, a money maker in a crappy converted hotel where most of the residents continued to use and commit other crimes. To his credit, he got the hell out of there and they were able to convince the court up here that he had met his requirement.

So we need beds, but we also need beds that will help those that want to succeed, to succeed. And for those that aren't ready to succeed, I personally believe there should be a place for them to be safe as well. What does that mean? I don't know, but at some point you can blame the user all you want, but society will be better off with a solution that helps all involved.

Reaction Score
Congrats on your sobriety. An anonymous message board is the perfect place to be open. You get some anonymity, but it gives some personal connection to others that may be struggling or are judgmental of those that are.

My step brother had some issues with weed (I'm not comparing it to opioids nor trying to open a conversation into legalizing) and alcohol. Because he got caught selling a small amount they made him go to rehab as part of his plea. My father/step mother put him in a place in FL because they had a house near there and wanted to get him away from his friends. The place was not cheap and had decent reviews. It was brutal. Basically, a money maker in a crappy converted hotel where most of the residents continued to use and commit other crimes. To his credit, he got the hell out of there and they were able to convince the court up here that he had met his requirement.

So we need beds, but we also need beds that will help those that want to succeed, to succeed. And for those that aren't ready to succeed, I personally believe there should be a place for them to be safe as well. What does that mean? I don't know, but at some point you can blame the user all you want, but society will be better off with a solution that helps all involved.
This is why I'm for legalization of recreational marijuana. I personally won't touch it myself, but the tax revenue in this state can be used to fund treatment centers, needle exchanges, safe injection sites and other programs to help people stay away from drugs.

I also have 0 problems with people knowing about my past. It's what made me into who I am today. Sure if I could go back I'd probably not go down this path, but I've learned a ton about myself through NA, therapy, group therapy and just general exploration of things I wouldn't have even considered before using. Like meditation, set and keeping healthy boundaries, pilates and yoga. All of this was due to being in a treatment center in Palm Springs California. Great place, just don't go during the summer if you can. 125 F is brutal.

And this year I plan on getting season tickets for the first time since 2010. So I'm super excited to actually start doing my own tailgating and not just showing up to others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think this was his first run with rehab. He's been in and out of trouble for a number of years. Bad drinking problems as well.

Reaction Score
Most of it is coming out of labs in China. They are a major problem for the world on many fronts. Mexico is also a manufacturing source but getting precursors and assistance. China and the cartels are an unholy alliance leveraging the global supply chain networks to literally wage a drug war on our communities. Allowing China to control the Panama Canal was a massive geopolitical failure. That is the easy entry, storage and offloading point to the US back door. We better wake up.
Revenge for the Opium Wars? I've been on opioids for 15 years now and never came close to ODing.

Reaction Score
Revenge for the Opium Wars? I've been on opioids for 15 years now and never came close to ODing.
History has a funny way of repeating in new playbooks. As for your use, I hope it’s under medical supervision. It’s can help people in chronic pain and I worry that those who need it are being impacted as the tighten the screws down to the point of absurdity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
More money for addiction and mental health treatment is a good investment for the country, imho. In the end everyone benefits.

Reaction Score
History has a funny way of repeating in new playbooks. As for your use, I hope it’s under medical supervision. It’s can help people in chronic pain and I worry that those who need it are being impacted as the tighten the screws down to the point of absurdity.
They absolutely are tightening screws. But if you're Tiger Woods, you're fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom