Colorado @ #10 Oregon - 12/04/20 | The Boneyard

Colorado @ #10 Oregon - 12/04/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Eugene, OR - 5:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network (Ann Schatz, Elise Woodward)

Video stream:
Colorado at Oregon (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Sabally Jr with 8 pts after the first. 21-12 OR

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Colorado is hanging in there so far, only a 8 point deficit

Reaction Score
Sabally Jr with 12 pts (5-5, 1-1 3P, 1-2 FT), 5 reb, 1 ast at the half

Reaction Score
I’m certainly not suggesting Oregon is a Final Four favorite given their quality of competition thus far, but I think those that considered them a raw work in progress may need to reevaluate. They look up to speed; you could make the argument that this is the most talented roster in the country.

Ducks are capable of a PAC-12 title and a very deep run into the tournament. I know Stanford is the favorite, but I’ll put this out here now: Oregon will win three or four games against some combo of Stanford, Arizona, and UCLA (I think P12 plays everyone twice this year; correct me if wrong)

Reaction Score
Early days but looks like Coach Graves has settled on a tentative starting lineup going into ( way early) league play: PaoPao, Mikesell, Boley, Sabally, and Prince. But insanely deep bench will keep PT interesting and variable. 12 players scored and filled out other stats as well. 3 point shooting improved (45%) with Boley and PaoPao having multiples.

Reaction Score
Early days but looks like Coach Graves has settled on a tentative starting lineup going into ( way early) league play: PaoPao, Mikesell, Boley, Sabally, and Prince. But insanely deep bench will keep PT interesting and variable. 12 players scored and filled out other stats as well. 3 point shooting improved (45%) with Boley and PaoPao having multiples.
I wouldnt say any lineup is settled in seeing as he has had 3 different lineups in 3 different games. Perhaps better put would be 4/5 have tentative been settled in PaoPao, Mikesell, Boley, and Prince since those 4 have started every game.

Reaction Score
Assuming she stays healthy, Sabally will be the best player on the UO squad by end of season. Ducks are deep, and, have two of the best pure 3-point shooters in the county in Boley and Mikesell. They will finish #1 or #2 in PAC-12. I believe Arizona will finish #3.

Reaction Score
Assuming she stays healthy, Sabally will be the best player on the UO squad by end of season. Ducks are deep, and, have two of the best pure 3-point shooters in the county in Boley and Mikesell. They will finish #1 or #2 in PAC-12. I believe Arizona will finish #3.
Youre forgetting that Chavez shot 47% from 3 last year and Shelley shot 42%.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I think @LoTrader is referring to the team, not 3-point shooting percentages.

As for Nyara, her rehabbing has been so extensive that's it is easy to forget all the kudos that accompanied her recruitment--"as good as Satou," "maybe better," etc., etc. She's a very different player than her sister in some ways--a prototypical 4 rather than a 3, for instance--but, even with the rust, she seems extraordinarily gifted (to my eyes, she gets down the court just as fast as Satou, even with the brace) and perhaps further along than Satou was after 3 games at Oregon. And, until/unless Graves can convince Prince to be willing to mix things up a bit more inside, she will be absolutely essential against the more physical front courts the team will face. (I'd add that I believe the freshman Watson will be important in that regard as well.) In any case, her play, along with Boley's transformation, has been--if not a complete surprise--certainly a major plus among the returning players.

Reaction Score
I’m certainly not suggesting Oregon is a Final Four favorite given their quality of competition thus far, but I think those that considered them a raw work in progress may need to reevaluate. They look up to speed; you could make the argument that this is the most talented roster in the country.

Ducks are capable of a PAC-12 title and a very deep run into the tournament. I know Stanford is the favorite, but I’ll put this out here now: Oregon will win three or four games against some combo of Stanford, Arizona, and UCLA (I think P12 plays everyone twice this year; correct me if wrong)
Have seen UCLA, Arizona and Stanford. Doubt that the Ducks lose more than 1 game between all 3. UO has greater length, depth and is just more talented. Should be considered a top 3 team today and by the end of the year, will be a no 1 seed in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Have seen UCLA, Arizona and Stanford. Doubt that the Ducks lose more than 1 game between all 3. UO has greater length, depth and is just more talented. Should be considered a top 3 team today and by the end of the year, will be a no 1 seed in the tournament.
No doubt this is a work on progress so we’ll see if it all comes together as the efficient machine that Graves has brought to the floor in the past few years. But the components seem to be there. Can’t speak to Stanford at this point but I saw little from AZ or UCLA that convinced me they could match Oregon’s shooting efficiency, length, or depth. But it all has to come together ...

Reaction Score
Not forgetting. Boley & Mikesell are the best 3-point shooters on the Duck WBB Team. Ducks have many competent 3-point shooters which includes Chavez and Shelly. They won't get as many 3-point opportunities as Boley and Mikesell.

Reaction Score
I believe the play-by-play announcer said that Prince tries to mirror her game after Stewie, Prince has some great tools to work with, she’s a pretty unique talent for a player her size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom