Colonial Athletic Association Expanding… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Colonial Athletic Association Expanding…

Reaction Score

-> There are up-front costs associated with changing leagues. A MAAC official confirmed Monmouth will pay a $1 million exit fee, required of schools that do not give three years notice before leaving. In addition, a source has indicated Monmouth will have to pay a $500,000 entrance fee to join the CAA. <-

-> According to a USA Today review of athletic department budgets and expenses for the 2019-20 fiscal year, Delaware tops the CAA with an annual athletic budget of $47.9 million. James Madison, leaving the CAA for the Sun Belt Conference to play FBS football, had been No. 1 at $58.2 million.

By contrast, Monmouth, not included in the USA Today analysis, had an athletic budget of approximately $17 million according to former athletic director Marilyn McNeil in a November 2019 interview with the Asbury Park Press.

Among other CAA schools listed in the USA Today report are: Stony Brook ($36.6 million); William & Mary ($30.3 million); Towson ($28.5 million); and UNC-Wilmington ($15.19 million).

As for the CAA’s football-only members, New Hampshire's budget is listed at $31.5 million, followed by Rhode Island at $28.1 million, Albany at $26.2 million and Maine at $22.2 million. <-

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Would like to see Albany make the leap to stay with Stony Brook if possible...they're already football only members of CAA

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Hmmm...I wonder if Goodwin will be starting Athletics. Goodwin bought UB...
I'm on the faculty at Goodwin. No sports for now other than club hoops, but I have suggested that the two faculties square off in an annual flag football Thanksgiving Day Classic. I think we'd kick UB's @$$. Our Nursing profs are mean.

Reaction Score
I'm on the faculty at Goodwin. No sports for now other than club hoops, but I have suggested that the two faculties square off in an annual flag football Thanksgiving Day Classic. I think we'd kick UB's @$$. Our Nursing profs are mean.
I was being kind of funny, since I'd love to see Goodwin create a Naval Architecture study. (My 11 year old son wants to be a Naval Architect. He read every book about it.).

I remember when Goodwin was Data Institute on Main Street in East Hartford across from Raymond Library.

Just hope they'll keep growing.

Reaction Score
As expected... Stony Brook banned from all AE tournament competition for the rest of the year.

That affects the WBB the most as they had a really good team this year but not good enough to qualify for an at-large NCAA. MBB is second to Vermont in the AE but highly unlikely to beat them anyway.

WLAX has been a top-10 program for years now so they should still be able to compete for at-large NCAA
MLAX is probably screwed, and so are BASE and SOFT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom