Collier Records: You Know They Don't Come Easy | The Boneyard

Collier Records: You Know They Don't Come Easy

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1551113964677.png

"After notching her 16th double-double of the season, Napheesa Collier wasn’t particularly happy.

The senior scored 12 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, but was upset with her shooting (5-16). Despite not playing as well as she would’ve liked to, Collier helped the UConn women’s basketball team to a 68-49 win and reached a big milestone in her career. She passed Rebecca Lobo for 10th on the Huskies’ all-time scoring list.

“Looking back, I think it’ll be really cool," Collier said. "While you’re in it you don’t really realize all the things that you’re doing. When you take a step back and really look at it I’ll be pretty proud of myself for what I’ve been able to accomplish.”

Napheesa Collier passes Rebecca Lobo on the all-time scoring list and other takeaways from UConn’s win over Tulsa

Reaction Score
She is one of the best to play. Her quiet demeanor, along with a quiet (but lethal) game, sometimes makes her career at UConn go by unassumingly.... Which is crazy when you think of the caliber of player she is while playing at one of the biggest WCBB schools.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Napheesa is the only UConn player with the same number (or more) of blocked shots (40) as personal fouls (40). Since several of those fouls are offensive, Pheesa is actually more likely to block the shot, than foul the shooter. Wow..!!

Offensively, Collier has 103 assists and only 51 turnovers. So, she is twice as likely to get an assist as lose the ball. And, she has 218 baskets, so she is 4 times as likely to score as suffer a turnover. Wow, again..!!

Finally, Napheesa is the only UConn player shooting 60% or better from the field. (218 of 363 or 60.1%)

Go Napheesa..!!

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah, the title was designed to bring this out of somebody!! What took you so long Bama? ;)
Less than two hours! Despite what you may think, I do not just sit here waiting for you to drop your pearls of wisdom on us. :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Less than two hours! Despite what you may think, I do not just sit here waiting for you to drop your pearls of wisdom on us. :confused:

My apologies, the wife is working at home today and the day just seemed to get longer I guess. Sheeesh, she's coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom