Collier literally saved us | The Boneyard

Collier literally saved us

Reaction Score
What a game. Geno just said she does it all the time so you come to expect it from her.

We lose this game without her. She saved our butts tonight.

How many of Katie Lou's 17 points didn't Uconn need to night?? Who saved Uconn??
Did Uconn need Chong's 3, Gabby's put back (ok not the one for Tulane).
When Pheesa was not in the game the flow of the uconn game stunk--true. But as great as pheesa was --she did not SAVE Uconn AlONE..

Reaction Score
I do not know what is up with Lou.... but I do love her game. Tonight... I was commenting to the group I was watching the game with that all her shots are hitting the rim.... they are not air balls... they are hitting iron.... what in the world is going on??? I hope she can get her shooting touch back soon.

And I know someone started a thread about dropping the whole conversation with people being physical with her and that is why she is missing or not scoring in the last couple of games.... but it does look like she is hit more often then they call fouls on the opponent.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How many of Katie Lo2u's 17 points didn't Uconn need to night?? Who saved Uconn??
Did Uconn need Chong's 3, Gabby's put back (ok not the one for Tulane).
When Pheesa was not in the game the flow of the uconn game stunk--true. But as great as pheesa was --she did not SAVE Uconn AlONE..

I haven't checked the stats, but I think it's safe to say that just about everybody else was below their season scoring average. Take away her above season scoring average 26 points and we lose.

Reaction Score
I do not know what is up with Lou.... but I do love her game. Tonight... I was commenting to the group I was watching the game with that all her shots are hitting the rim.... they are not air balls... they are hitting iron.... what in the world is going on??? I hope she can get her shooting touch back soon.

And I know someone started a thread about dropping the whole conversation with people being physical with her and that is why she is missing or not scoring in the last couple of games.... but it does look like she is hit more often then they call fouls on the opponent.
It's not a Lou thing. The team seems like it has lost its shooting touch in the last few weeks, really ever since that USF game a month ago.

Reaction Score
And if you believe in trends, as I do, all it's gonna take, if UConn doesn't adjust, is a good (maybe not great, but just good) team whose coach has studied tape of the Tulane game and whose team gets hot all at once. If all that happens all at once, UConn will be toast in the tournament. Fortunately, Geno is great at making adjustments. Let's see if his players buy into what he's selling.

Reaction Score
I haven't checked the stats, but I think it's safe to say that just about everybody else was below their season scoring average. Take away her above season scoring average 26 points and we lose.
Big difference between--being below their averages--which happens many times a year--and ONlY pheesa --saving UConn---I would not have commented had you said ---Pheesa only player to hit her average or above--on one else---sounds different doesn't it????
If you want to beat a dead horse---then take away Gabby's 14 rebound, Katies 17 points, Chongs 3, --Butler's rebounds---
Circular argument---you come out where you started--and still Pheesa didn't do it alone--as you stated--Collier Saves Uconn..

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Last
Big difference between--being below their averages--which happens many times a year--and ONlY pheesa --saving UConn---I would not have commented had you said ---Pheesa only player to hit her average or above--on one else---sounds different doesn't it????
If you want to beat a dead horse---then take away Gabby's 14 rebound, Katies 17 points, Chongs 3, --Butler's rebounds---
Circular argument---you come out where you started--and still Pheesa didn't do it alone--as you stated--Collier Saves Uconn..

The last time I checked the game is about scoring more points than your opponent. Collier scored several more than her season scoring average. If everybody else gets their average we win fairly comfortably. Almost nobody else did. We won by fewer points than the amount Collier exceeded her season scoring average. Without that, we lose. I don't care how many points anybody else scored. I'll agree to disagree with you and be done.

Reaction Score
What a game. Geno just said she does it all the time so you come to expect it from her.

We lose this game without her. She saved our butts tonight.
Agree that she had strong game but she had about 7 points 2nd half and Lou had 15. I would vote Collier player of game but would be a bit more conservative in my praise. With UConn this year, its all about matchups.

Reaction Score
Well, sounds like we got that settled! Before I drift off, I gotta comment on the how thin the UConn bench looked late in the first half - Pheesa's racking up fouls, Kia's got the boot on, Lou hasn't found the net, and Dangerfield seems a little confused. So I see the bench and am scratching my head, asking myself 'who's gonna bail us out?' Dunno, but we just looked so so vulnerable. Heal fast Kia.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well, sounds like we got that settled! Before I drift off, I gotta comment on the how thin the UConn bench looked late in the first half - Pheesa's racking up fouls, Kia's got the boot on, Lou hasn't found the net, and Dangerfield seems a little confused. So I see the bench and am scratching my head, asking myself 'who's gonna bail us out?' Dunno, but we just looked so so vulnerable. Heal fast Kia.
Right on, brother. On nights like this I take solace in knowing that next year there will be depth.

Reaction Score
Collier was our best player tonight. However, it clear that teams do all they can to take KLS out of the game by being very physical with her and unfortunately the refs don't give her all the calls she should get...

Reaction Score
Last

The last time I checked the game is about scoring more points than your opponent. Collier scored several more than her season scoring average. If everybody else gets their average we win fairly comfortably. Almost nobody else did. We won by fewer points than the amount Collier exceeded her season scoring average. Without that, we lose. I don't care how many points anybody else scored. I'll agree to disagree with you and be done.
Did Uconn WbB win by that many more points than UConn Wbb team's scoring average- or MoV ??-that's truly the number that counts.

Reaction Score
Last

Did Uconn WbB win by that many more points than UConn Wbb team's scoring average- or MoV ??-that's truly the number that counts.

Reaction Score
Right on, brother. On nights like this I take solace in knowing that next year there will be depth.

How many other games this year got your BP up or you blood flowing so quickly--
It is good to have games like this to make us remember what REAl BB game once were like. I'm sure the team shall hear tomorrow,or on the way home, all about this game--

Reaction Score

It is good to have games like this to make us remember what REAl BB game once were like. I'm sure the team shall hear tomorrow,or on the way home, all about this game--

Reaction Score
I'm strunned at how some of the above Boneyarders have used this thread to diminish the impact of Napheesa's effort tonight. The coach of the eleven time National Champions said in his post game press conference that Collier was the one player he could count on game in and game out. That's a pretty strong statement from Geno after having had to watch his team play poorly just moments earlier.

Appreciation for Napheesa will probably always lag because her game is not seen as being as exciting as that of our three point shooter or our Olympic athlete, but as our coach said earlier this evening she is the one we can count on everytime she steps onto the court.

That's enough for me to consider her our MVP, She's not about flash, she's about winning.

Reaction Score
Collier was our best player tonight. However, it clear that teams do all they can to take KLS out of the game by being very physical with her and unfortunately the refs don't give her all the calls she should get...
I think KLS is our best player, but she needs more muscle. She got stronger this year, but she needs to really hit the weight room and the protein shakes this summer.

Reaction Score
And if you believe in trends, as I do, all it's gonna take, if UConn doesn't adjust, is a good (maybe not great, but just good) team whose coach has studied tape of the Tulane game and whose team gets hot all at once. If all that happens all at once, UConn will be toast in the tournament. Fortunately, Geno is great at making adjustments. Let's see if his players buy into what he's selling.
He is great at making adjustments, but there is no adjustment he has to compensate for Kia's absence.
Clearly, Crystal is not the missing cog , she totally choked at the foul line when the game was in her hands, the team committed 18 turnovers, and the offense was like a clunky truck. the fire seems to have gone out. Maybe ( hopefully ), the team learns from this and rebounds. But it looked as though several players simply had lost their confidence.

Credit Tulane. But worry about this UCONN team's ability to win it all. Which is their only goal.

Reaction Score
He is great at making adjustments, but there is no adjustment he can make to compensate for Kia's absence.
Clearly, Crystal is not the missing cog. She totally choked at the foul line when the game was in her hands, the team committed 18 turnovers with her at point, and the offense was like a clunky truck.

For the moment, the fire seems to have gone out for this team. Maybe ( hopefully ), the team learns from this and rebounds. But it looked as though several players simply had lost their confidence. Only Napheesa seemed to want the ball. Lou wanted it too, I guess, but she was rushing shots that were not well designed. She also did not exert ball security.

Credit Tulane. But worry about this UCONN team's ability to win it all. Which is their only goal.

Funny, after the win against South Carolina, I thought this team couldn't lose. Maybe just a bad game .

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
1. I don't need my blood pressure up. :eek:
2. The SCAR game was close enough for me. :cool:

I could benefit from better blood flow, however. :D

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Worse first half of basketball ever... just after call all other teams games ugly. We got spoiled with a team that we know we're suppose to be average

Reaction Score

Are her shots hitting the front of the rim? That's usually a sign of tired legs. They are probably at a point of diminishing returns and could benefit from rest and some time away from practice time to star coaching/preparing for march no matter what shape your in or how young etc you are you still get worn down
And bball is not all they do

Reaction Score
Last

Or is it about having your opponent score less than you defense is constant offense compes and goes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom