Collier hilites - (25 pts., 9 Reb., 5 Ast.) Vs. Sparks | The Boneyard

Collier hilites - (25 pts., 9 Reb., 5 Ast.) Vs. Sparks

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Phee really had her midrange jumper working last night.

I have her 4th in my personal MVP voting, behind Stewie, A'ja, and Sloot.

Reaction Score
Smooth as silk. Great attitude. UCONN teaches an organic game..like Geno said. like jazz

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Phee really had her midrange jumper working last night.

I have her 4th in my personal MVP voting, behind Stewie, A'ja, and Sloot.

and her value is increasing with Fowles out the last 8 games

Meanwhile, Napheesa Collier is slowly but surely putting herself in the WNBA MVP conversation. The second-year forward has been on a tear in the eight games that Minnesota has been without All-Star center Sylvia Fowles, who remains out indefinitely with a calf injury.

In those eight games, Collier has averaged 20 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 2.1 steals and 1.75 blocks per game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Where would the Lynx be without UConn alumnae? Not just this year, but the last decade. Coach Reeve is certainly savvy.

Reaction Score
My favorite all time UConn player. Constantly moving through the defense like a machete just slicing them up. A coach's dream and she never stops. Whatever is needed to win, she does it.
Shamelessly quoting myself from prior post -- because not enough good can be said of Napheesa. Ever.

"Favorite UConn player. Ever. Period.

Quiet. Dignified. Measured. Elegant. Efficient. Dedicated. Sporting. Diligent. Relentless. Intelligent.

She never stopped working. Always ran the floor. Never lost her composure. Impeccable footwork. Great inside game. Great rebounder. Great eyes. Great hands. Great length. Great shot blocker. Great passer. Great teammate. An absolute workhorse who not only never missed a single game, but never so much as took a wrong step. She even looked good when fouling.

Without question, the best fingertips of any player I’ve ever seen. Ever!

Developed and developing arsenal of shots: in-between jumper; that little 10’ set shot; her up and under (shades of Kevin McHale); her Euro step; use of the glass; that indefensible turn around, arching fade away; and eventually a shot beyond the arc (admittedly, never fully deployed during her college years);

and

Her movement without the ball, manifesting itself in many ways, and eliciting comments on her “nose for the ball”, uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time, facility for picking up easy put-backs, getting “garbage” buckets, her agility at deploying the famed Collier “cloaking device”. In a nutshell, it is a key source to what made her “the Silent Assassin” (a phrase I never particularly cared for).

Was there ever a UConn player who moved better—more effectively, efficiently and intelligently—without the ball?"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Where would the Lynx be without UConn alumnae? Not just this year, but the last decade. Coach Reeve is certainly savvy.
Cheryl hasn't won a WNBA Championship without Maya, at least not yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom