Collier and Samuelson ...oh my! | The Boneyard

Collier and Samuelson ...oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's blog today:

Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson continue to light it up during their final high school campaigns.

In her first two games in 2015, Samuelson had 35 points in a 74-52 win over La Jolla Country Day for her ninth 30-point game of the season and last night added 27 points in a 74-31 win over North Torrance. She is averaging 31.9 points per game at Mater Dei, winners of 10 straight.

In Collier's two most recent games she had more points combined than the two Incarnate Word Academy opponents.

OH MY!!

[LINK] to full article

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IMHO these 2 are going to impact UCONN like Tuck and Stewie. I think they are that good. Add in Dangerfield, who I think is just about in the same category as Jefferson, and holy crap!!
Morgan and Stewie or Maya and Elena. :)

Reaction Score
IMHO these 2 are going to impact UCONN like Tuck and Stewie. I think they are that good. Add in Dangerfield, who I think is just about in the same category as Jefferson, and holy crap!!
This is exactly what i'm thinking (and hoping). Between those 3 (KLS, Collier and Danger) and the other amazing kids (Nurse, Butler, Williams, EK, Boykin, etc), UConn will continue to be a key contender for NC till at least 2019!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No doubt....UCONN has some impressive talent coming in! I really feel Collier is the best player in that class. She plays so composed. No knock on KLS!
Most Vol fans I know thought Durr was the clear #1 and thought it was "humorous" (at best) that KLS was #1. Just my opinion of course, but I think Durr's stock dropped after people realized she struggled running any kind of offense for Team USA. Not that Durr won't be a phenomenal scorer, but from a BBIQ and mental perspective, I think Durr struggles. Not sure if it's correctable or not.

And I'm not sure how deep the class is. Shephard is out I think with an injury... HIggs? Hosey? Lambert? Ogunbowale? I wonder if this class is a "weaker" one - sort of like 2011 with KML, Williams, etc etc...

Reaction Score
Some TN fans think that Cooper is the best player of 2015

Reaction Score

*UConn not UCONN

/petpeeve

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yep. tayjlaw is incorrect... Sorry! LOL. Maybe do a little homework before you post a pet peeve? ;)

Reaction Score
UCONN works for me, and I don't think it's "wrong", but there is a valid alternate POV...

upload_2015-1-9_12-44-7.png

upload_2015-1-9_12-44-35.png

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I am sitting on a blacktop picking my team. My first pick would be KLS, 6' 3", gives me height and length, great IQ and I can play her anywhere I need, my second would be Durr, bigger guard can run a pick and roll, kinda like a Whalen type player (there was a reason Bird was starting PG, she understood how to get everyone on team USA involved and plays off the ball), then I would pick Shepard, great size, strong and very dependable in the paint, (very sad about her injury but to most she is the next best player of the class). After that there are a few including Higgs, Collier, Ogunbowale and couple I am forgetting. 2015 is very strong at the top.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In Collier's two most recent games she had more points combined than the two Incarnate Word Academy opponents.

Ah, there's the rub. Games like that and games where the star in focus scores 2/3rds of her own team's point, suggest we temper our enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
*UConn not UCONN

/petpeeve

wordmark usage:
The wordmark should appear as ‘UCONN’ in all capital letters when used as a logo; when using the name of the institution as a word in copy, use ‘UConn.’

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Most Vol fans I know thought Durr was the clear #1 and thought it was "humorous" (at best) that KLS was #1. Just my opinion of course, but I think Durr's stock dropped after people realized she struggled running any kind of offense for Team USA. Not that Durr won't be a phenomenal scorer, but from a BBIQ and mental perspective, I think Durr struggles. Not sure if it's correctable or not.
Just let her play the 2 and she'll be an AA.

Reaction Score
Ah, there's the rub. Games like that and games where the star in focus scores 2/3rds of her own team's point, suggest we temper our enthusiasm.
You may be right. However, watching her this summer I saw her give the ball up A LOT to her two future teammates. I think Napheesa has what it takes to become a super teammate and an AA at UConn (or however you prefer to spell it). Plus, she has a dynamite personality and smile as well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Don't misunderstand me guys and gals, I share the enthusiasm for both recruits. Just don't see the utility of stats in outlier games or in high school leagues with such obviously thin talent.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Natalie Butler, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, De'Janae Boykin, Courtney Ekmark, Saniya Chong, Kayla Irwin, Crystal Dangerfield and Andra-Espinoza Hunter.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Natalie Butler, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, De'Janae Boykin, Courtney Ekmark, Saniya Chong, Kayla Irwin, Crystal Dangerfield and Andra-Espinoza Hunter.
Impressive! But, did you forget two? I thought I read in another thread that Cox and Holmes are going to be playing for UConn. :rolleyes:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Good analogy- but we will miss Stewie's length. Neither will give us that. We'll miss it on the defensive end especially. And I agree they will be prolific. And the fact that the 3 of them have already played for team USA together. Add Dangerfield when Mo leaves- and we're off to the races again!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good analogy- but we will miss Stewie's length. Neither will give us that. We'll miss it on the defensive end especially. And I agree they will be prolific. And the fact that the 3 of them have already played for team USA together. Add Dangerfield when Mo leaves- and we're off to the races again!
Very true on Stewie's length, but by impacting, I mean as a complete player. KLS is a superior shooter and better ball handler, and Napheesa is even more athletic than Morgan. But Stewie is longer, more athletic, and more diverse while Morgan is stronger and just so good at everything.

Just like comparing Diana to Maya to Stewie - all of them are phenomenal, but each brings something very different to the table. Same with Collier, Dangerfield and KLS... but i get your point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom