College Sports Madness - Top 44 | The Boneyard

College Sports Madness - Top 44

Reaction Score
Per #44 BYU’s preview: “Coming off their first NCAA Tournament victory since 2006, BYU entered the 2019-2020 campaign with relatively high expectations.” ...did they not have a few victories in the 2014 NCAA Tournament?

Reaction Score
Per #44 BYU’s preview: “Coming off their first NCAA Tournament victory since 2006, BYU entered the 2019-2020 campaign with relatively high expectations.” ...did they not have a few victories in the 2014 NCAA Tournament?

Yeah, I wouldn't trust College Sports Madness on their accuracy sometimes. BYU did indeed beat #5 NC State and #4 Nebraska en route to a date with UConn which ended their Cinderella run despite trailing just 30-29 at the half with Jennifer Hamson leading the way. My other bone to pick with this preview is that it completely ignores the return of Shaylee Gonzalez, who was a force to be reckoned with in her freshman campaign before an injury knocked her out for her sophomore year. She averaged 17.0 points a game and 5.6 rebounds a game that year and will be returning this season, I believe.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Terp women brings up an interesting thought- while Holly was coach of the LVs they were continually over rated and now with Coach Kelli they may be under rated.
This years season will be very curious to me on what leagues are strong and what ones are paper tigers. Given all the coaching and player movement I am very intrigued..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Princeton is too high at #26, without Bela Alarie and Carlie Littlefield, it's going to be a tough season for Berube's bunch. I admit that Littlefield probably left after the article was put together.

Reaction Score
Terp women brings up an interesting thought- while Holly was coach of the LVs they were continually over rated and now with Coach Kelli they may be under rated.
This years season will be very curious to me on what leagues are strong and what ones are paper tigers. Given all the coaching and player movement I am very intrigued..:rolleyes:

Turnover turnaround is the key for the LVs. They have some talent, but their play was very sloppy last year. They gave away a number of games last year. A second year coach should be able to get a better handle on that, so we'll see.

Reaction Score
CSM is really getting bad. What happened to the 20th ranked team?
Yes they seem to get worse every year. I don't believe who ever does their reports even knows anything about the team. Seems they are just going by statistics and player reputations. They totally ignore injuries. But it is about WCBB so it does hold interest to the faithfull.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is #15 and Arkansas is #16.
I have a hard time envisioning Notre Dame at #15. I think there are multiple teams ranked below that would smoke Notre Dame. Please don't ask me which teams, you can figure that out for yourself.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time envisioning Notre Dame at #15. I think there are multiple teams ranked below that would smoke Notre Dame. Please don't ask me which teams, you can figure that out for yourself.
Just another example of how teams past reputation influences the present. They don't even have the same coach. I believe the ACC coaches had them ranked in the bottom half of the leagues.

Reaction Score
I picked Stanford at #3 & UConn at #2 in my Boneyard Poll b/c I think UConn would beat them head to head.
This matchup could be a tricky one this year. Next year id be more confident !

Reaction Score
This matchup could be a tricky one this year. Next year id be more confident !

Every matchup could be tricky this year. I do not feel comfortable even tomorrow against a hopelessly outwomaned College of Charleston. A whole team could get wiped out with minor-seeming discomfort that starts right after tipoff.

Too weird to really predict anything this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom