College of Charlestown Coach canned for abusive language | The Boneyard

College of Charlestown Coach canned for abusive language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On a scale of 0 - 10 (Mike Rice), how 'abusive' was the College of Charlestown's coach?
If Rice is a 10, is this guy a 9? Was Bob Knight a 9? Calhoun a 7 or 8?

Seems like it wasn't a problem when he was winning and after a losing season he had no allies. Abusing other people in the office seems to be indicative that this guy was over the line, but still makes you wonder if in today's climate some of the old-school coaches would modify their behavior.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ugars-players-forgive-fired-coach-doug-wojcik

Reaction Score
Calhoun was a 10 (language wise), no need to sugar coat it. Stories abound. We all can remember some cringe worthy moments. It helped however that Calhoun was a father figure to many of his players, respected and followed.

Success and winning makes all things acceptable/tolerable.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Saw that he had previously coached at Tulsa and got really nervous that he viewed Charleston as a step up. Apparently he'd been fired there, too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Calhoun was a 10 (language wise), no need to sugar coat it. Stories abound. We all can remember some cringe worthy moments. It helped however that Calhoun was a father figure to many of his players, respected and followed.

Some of the stuff Calhoun said on the sidelines to his players certainly made me cringe. But his players would never go to administration to try to get him fired, because they knew Calhoun thought of them as sons. Just about all the players who have come through this program think of him as a father as well. That's the difference between Calhoun and these nut jobs who are getting canned.

Reaction Score
Cremins as an interim? Good move this late in the game…….

Reaction Score
Are there any players that have gone on record against HCJC? I can't recall.

Reaction Score

Maybe its splitting hairs but I'd still say Calhoun was a 9 language-wise as I don't know that he used gay or racial/ethnic slurs. That said if language is strictly graded for creative and frequent use of profanity, JC is quite frankly a ten.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Are there any players that have gone on record against HCJC? I can't recall.

Probably not and probably never. Uconn mens basketball is pretty much a fraternal order now. I always liked JC because he reminded me of black, inner city, football coaches but if he was starting off in this era he wouldn't last.

Reaction Score
Toraino Walker??
What I like about JC is that he's always there looking out for his guys, May have even reached out to TW, I thought I read something a few years back, not sure though.

Reaction Score
This is amazing. Charlestown is pretty gritty. The things little girls say there would make a biker blush. He must have said something unfathomable.

Reaction Score
This is amazing. Charlestown is pretty gritty. The things little girls say there would make a biker blush. He must have said something unfathomable.
Nice catch, lived there for awhile hence the slip. 'Chew' on that you ____ &$*($

Reaction Score
Kids are pu**ies now……..many of them have to be handled like babies quite honestly

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Toraino Walker??

No. He actually apologized to JC for leaving. Said he just didn't enjoy the game any more.

I'd say AO more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69