College hoops insiders Seth Davis and Jeff Goodman joining The Messenger. | The Boneyard

College hoops insiders Seth Davis and Jeff Goodman joining The Messenger.

Reaction Score
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
I can’t think of of combining two people on a platform who I think are worse listens for college basketball

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Goodman and Davis hit rock bottom. What the heck is Messenger, some startup that offered them equity?

The inherent problem with sports journalism is that I follow random people on X/twitter who do a better job reporting than some of the insiders. Sports journalism is something people are willing to do just as a hobby. So I’m not sure how lucrative it will be in a down market.

Reaction Score
I don't like either of them much, but I'm happy to see any journalist have opportunity. Journalism is a dying vocation and we aren't better for it. I'm also happy to have another platform to look at that isn't behind a paywall. I'm not sure how many subscriptions people expect the average consumer to have, but I sure as heck am not signing up for many. One or two is the most I'd ever bother with, with one being my local news.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I don't like either of them much, but I'm happy to see any journalist have opportunity. Journalism is a dying vocation and we aren't better for it. I'm also happy to have another platform to look at that isn't behind a paywall. I'm not sure how many subscriptions people expect the average consumer to have, but I sure as heck am not signing up for many. One or two is the most I'd ever bother with, with one being my local news.

You used "journalist" and "Jeff Goodman" in the same thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom