College Gameday Going To Memphis v SMU Saturday | The Boneyard

College Gameday Going To Memphis v SMU Saturday

Reaction Score
Wasn't the last time SMU had this record this late in the season the reason they were given the death penalty?

Reaction Score
I like how even ESPN acknowledges the lack of academics at that 7th rate instutuishun of dat higher lurnin stuff. Not we are coming to the school, but we are headed to the city.

Reaction Score
I get a sense of jealousy on this thread, lol.

Beale Street around Halloween with Gameday in town will be insane.

So true lol. Talking down on other states / cities / schools is an absolute boneyard classic. East Hartford and Storrs, CT are just absolutely electric.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I hope SMU has receiver Roberson (transfer from WVU). He’s a huge part of what they do.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Wasn't the last time SMU had this record this late in the season the reason they were given the death penalty?
All the media can talk about when referencing SMU is the death penalty. That was 33 years ago, when everyone was paying players (at least in the South and Midwest). Eric Dickerson drove around SMU in the Pontiac Trans Am that Texas A&M gave him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've always believed the AAC had the potential for multiple top-25 teams, teams in the top-10 and compelling football with regional and occasionally national interest.

That being said, I don't think UConn fans ever wanted to be with that group of schools. Nothing wrong with that either.

Individually or institutionally, people and groups move all time due to fit and culture. I wish each of the AAC teams best of luck moving forward and I hope UConn keeps a few of them on the schedule for hoops and football.

Reaction Score
All the media can talk about when referencing SMU is the death penalty. That was 33 years ago, when everyone was paying players (at least in the South and Midwest). Eric Dickerson drove around SMU in the Pontiac Trans Am that Texas A&M gave him.
I was being facetious. But should be a fun game to watch.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Maybe GameDay will go to a Creighton-Butler matchup in February.

Can’t wait.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I can’t wait for a Tulane/Tulsa college game day
Fun fact actually, those two and UConn are the only AAC teams to not make an appearance in the AP Top 25 for football since the league’s first year as the AAC

Reaction Score
Fun fact actually, those two and UConn are the only AAC teams to not make an appearance in the AP Top 25 for football since the league’s first year as the AAC
I wonder why........

Reaction Score
Memphis returns a kickoff for a TD. Their special teams coordinator is Pete Lembo. He has a rep as a special teams guru.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Did you see the flea flicker? And these teams are dancing all over the field.
We run up the gut. We cannot have nice things

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Randy would be totally be that guy at the house party watching this game wanking about the lack of defense and how offenses are scoring too fast and not giving defenses time to recover.

Bonus Randy visual image. You know he was the guy in his grade school class bemoaning calculators and how they are the death of doing long division by hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom