College Football Week 7 (non-UConn) | The Boneyard

College Football Week 7 (non-UConn)

Reaction Score
Wake Forest and Minnesota won't last much longer. And obviously SMU and Memphis play soon.

Reaction Score
CCSU and SHU take on Ivy League foes and Yale looks to stay undefeated in league play.

Sacred Heart (3-1, 0-1 NEC) at Penn (1-2, 0-1 Ivy) - 1:00 ESPN+
Central Connecticut (4-1, 1-0 NEC) at Columbia (1-2, 0-1 Ivy) - 1:00 ESPN+
Yale (3-0, 1-0 Ivy) at Dartmouth (3-0, 1-0 Ivy) - 1:30 ESPN+

Reaction Score
Memphis & Temple on now. Everytime I see these teams I think how bad they were during our Big East years and now how they are light years better than us. Temple shouldn't be that much better than us, should they? They go through one coach after another but it's always the right coach. SMH

Reaction Score
Rutgers at Indiana - Rutgers QB got sacked on the first play from scrimmage, fumbled and was recovered for a Indiana TD 10 seconds into the game. Now 21-0 Indy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You would think it would be easier to turn things around at Rutgers than UCONN. More money, top conference and better recruiting area.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You would think it would be easier to turn things around at Rutgers than UCONN. More money, top conference and better recruiting area.

Yet it isn't because outside of a year or two Rutgers stink even with a very good recruiting area in New Jersey and being next to Pennsylvania. Rutgers will always be Rutgers

Reaction Score

But you have to play Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan every year. Michigan State is seldom and easy game. You also get a crossover game against the likes of Iowa, and Wisconsin. Tough to build a program against teams like that. Top kids from New Jersey opt to go play for Penn State and Michigan. I do not think that Ohio State pulls much talent from New Jersey.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, URI is trailing Virginia Tech only by 31-17 and they are inside the 5 yard line.

Yep. I'm jealous of URI...

Reaction Score
SHU 24, Penn 38
CCSU 24
, Columbia 14
Yale 10, Dartmouth 42

CCSU is CT’s football team at the moment. They stand at 5-1 with a loss to Eastern Michigan (FBS) in a heartbreaker they should have won. I’m going to play very VERY close attention to them and see how they end up. 4 of their last 6 are home in hard hittin New Britain... May have to make a trip down memory lane!

Reaction Score
CCSU is CT’s football team at the moment. They stand at 5-1 with a loss to Eastern Michigan (FBS) in a heartbreaker they should have won. I’m going to play very VERY close attention to them and see how they end up. 4 of their last 6 are home in hard hittin New Britain... May have to make a trip down memory lane!

FYI - Next week's game is HOMECOMING vs. Bryant (1:00 kickoff). Generally, this is the largest attended game of the season and is a decent tailgating scene. I'm guessing they draw about 6k or more for this one if the weather cooperates. The alumni association organizes it pretty well and it not bad for an FCS experience.

Unless Central gets a home playoff game (very unlikely) this is probably the best game of the season to attend. The finale (Senior Day) against Duquesne (Nov. 23) may have more meaning, but the weather can be brutal that time of year and CCSU doesn't have the amenities of the Rent. It is a very uncomfortable time to watch a game there if it is cold/raining/snowing and has the feeling of a lightly attended high school game.

Reaction Score
FYI - Next week's game is HOMECOMING vs. Bryant (1:00 kickoff). Generally, this is the largest attended game of the season and is a decent tailgating scene. I'm guessing they draw about 6k or more for this one if the weather cooperates. The alumni association organizes it pretty well and it not bad for an FCS experience.

Unless Central gets a home playoff game (very unlikely) this is probably the best game of the season to attend. The finale (Senior Day) against Duquesne (Nov. 23) may have more meaning, but the weather can be brutal that time of year and CCSU doesn't have the amenities of the Rent. It is a very uncomfortable time to watch a game there if it is cold/raining/snowing and has the feeling of a lightly attended high school game.

I am well aware. Might be a coin flip between watching a good football team and a bad football team... if u catch my drift. Tickets were already purchased without realizing CCSU game was homecoming. I dropped the ball unfortunately.

I will most definitely be at the Duquesne game.

Reaction Score
That Uconn UMass game will be the pillow fight of the century. Clash of ineptitude and really should not be viewed by human eyes

Reaction Score
@Austin316 - My mistake, the season finale this year is in Pittsburgh @ Duquesne. Could be the de facto NEC Championship just like 2017.

CCSU Remaining Home Games
Oct. 19 - vs. Bryant (1:00) - Homecoming / UConn vs. Houston (12:00)
Oct. 26 - vs. Long Island (12:00) / UConn at UMass (3:30)
Nov. 9 - vs. Saint Francis (12:00) / UConn at Cincinnati
Nov. 16 - vs. Robert Morris (12:00) - Senior Day / UConn bye

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul